Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Bad Natured

Ravenous (1999). This wickedly delicious little flick that was both comical and disturbing. The story itself was simple enough, pretty much an offshoot of the infamous Donner Party. There were plenty of twists and turns to keep it interesting. The acting was more than solid, and the quiver of personalities was delightful, though many of them were killed off before they could fully bloom. The score was fantastically incongruent with the movie content at times, which somehow worked with beautiful effect. The direction was solid, as was the camerawork. A must see if the overall theme is not too repugnant. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Evil Dead

"Werewolves: The Dark Survivors" (2009)

Made for cable TV movie. (showing on Animal Planet of all places)
Faux documentary (shot like a true crime show) about a cop and a zoologist investigating a murder and how it leads them into the shadowy world of modern day werewolves.

Surprisingly decent take on the werewolf legend. Tries to be realistic even with such a fantastic subject. I enjoyed it.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Watched A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) for the first time in a while a few days ago, I gotta say it still holds up for me. I was genuinely frightened which surprised me quite a bit.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Evil Puppy

Halloween III - BAH, at least I didn't fall asleep this time.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (82') - While the acting in the movie is far superior the voices in the original are beautiful. I love Lansbury as Lovett, she always cracks me up. It's funny, the only person in the movie that is far and away better than their stage counterpart is Sacha Baron Cohen who puts on a show that's truly superior to the original. A lot of fun, it's neither better nor worse than the movie in my opinion and I think I'll be buying this one.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Cranky

Bug

What an infuriating movie. Sets up a really interesting situation, keenly directed, expertly acted, and then in the last 20 minutes completely throws away everything it set up for a bunch of psychobabble.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Every Little Step (2008)

Brilliant documentary about the trials and tribulations of young performers auditioning for the Broadway revival of A Chorus Line, while simultaneously delving into the fascinating story of how the show was originally conceived.

I know that I'm not the only one here with a passion for theatre - if anyone with a love for Broadway hasn't seen this one yet, treat yourself and do so immediately. I went in with high expectations and was not let down.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Bad Natured

The Alphabet Killer (2008). Decent enough psycho-thriller. It seemed better than it was because i figured it would be total crap. The acting was decent, the story fairly predictable. At least the very ending, which was lame in its own way, was not at least totally cookbook. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Cloverfield- 9/10

Sometimes They Come Back... Again- 7/10 (Had never seen it. Liked it a lot)

Sometimes They Come Back For More- 3/10 (Started out great, seemed like it would be a suspenseful flick, and felt a lot like 'The Thing'. It wore thin.)

Desperation- 1/10 (Nothing happens in this movie...)

Storm of the Century- 4/10 (Started out with promise, turned in to 3 hours of build up for a poorly executed, unrealistic, and overall stupid climax)

Rose Red- 4/10 (Same thing. Way too long, and boring. The Haunting remake was better.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Storm of the Century- 4/10 (Started out with promise, turned in to 3 hours of build up for a poorly executed, unrealistic, and overall stupid climax)

Rose Red- 4/10 (Same thing. Way too long, and boring. The Haunting remake was better.)
Those weren't really made as movies though, which is what ultimately hurts them when you watch it on DVD. I enjoyed Storm of the Century during the original mini-series run but on DVD, not so much.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Oh and I forgot one.

Session9- 8/10

The last line..... Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real