Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Well, if you want a good laugh, I suppose it's alright for that.
You seem to have a tendency to find films hilarious when they're not. It wasn't the best movie, pretty mediocre actually, but there was nothing in it that made me laugh.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
You seem to have a tendency to find films hilarious when they're not. It wasn't the best movie, pretty mediocre actually, but there was nothing in it that made me laugh.
What other movies have I found "hilarious" when they're not? A few of my friends also watched it, and they thought it was hilariously bad too.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:04 PM
病気の

Fortress, 1992. 8/10

Old 11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
What other movies have I found "hilarious" when they're not? A few of my friends also watched it, and they thought it was hilariously bad too.
Must I bring up the great Drag Me To Hell debate? Your friends sound annoying like a group of idiot teenagers making fun of a movie at the theater to seem cool.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Must I bring up the great Drag Me To Hell debate? Your friends sound annoying like a group of idiot teenagers making fun of a movie at the theater to seem cool.
I thought that movie was funny for the right reasons.

And just because my friends thought a movie was unintentionally funny doesn't make them "a group of idiot teenagers making fun of a movie at a theatre to seem cool". I'm sorry I don't agree with everything you say, your highness.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
I thought that movie was funny for the right reasons.

And just because my friends thought a movie was unintentionally funny doesn't make them "a group of idiot teenagers making fun of a movie at a theatre to seem cool". I'm sorry I don't agree with everything you say, your highness.
Its not about agreeing or disagreeing. Its about laughing at something that can't be construed as funny. Its about being immature instead of just liking or disliking a movie for the right reasons.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Its not about agreeing or disagreeing. Its about laughing at something that can't be construed as funny. Its about being immature instead of just liking or disliking a movie for the right reasons.
Who says it can't be construed as funny? Quite a few people think The Exorcist is a laugh riot. You're criticizing my comment with ad hominem arguments based on unfounded assumptions about my personality.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Who says it can't be construed as funny? Quite a few people think The Exorcist is a laugh riot. You're criticizing my comment with ad hominem arguments based on unfounded assumptions about my personality.
No I just think its immature to sit and laugh at a movie and find it stupid and funny instead of just appreciating it or disliking it for being badly done or acted badly or whatever.

Your comments make me think of people who specifically find things to complain about, pick apart movies, and go on message boards and talk about how much it sucked and criticize it while nitpicking the hell out of it because they think it makes them smart or creative. You have a YouTube channel reacting to movies. How is that creative? I don't mean to be a dick but its what people have become. What this new generation is comprised of mostly. Uncreative bitter assholes who would rather trash things and find fault in everything to better themselves instead of finding beauty in the world.

I want to add that I'm not defending the movie itself, I found it mediocre. I simply abhor this immature arrogant behavior and feel it will be the downfall of cinema. Their will be no film left after everyone hates everything.

With that I think I'm done here.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Evil Dead

So can I just not find a movie funny for the wrong reasons and criticize the film because of that aspect? I like most movies I watch; I don't try to nitpick at them, but if I notice a flaw, I'll bring it up. If I came across as arrogant and immature, it was unintentional, and I'm truly sorry, but I feel that you're being hostile towards one man's honest opinion. The point of criticism is not to hate on everything, but to allow cinema to evolve by showing filmmakers what they should not be doing in the future.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Evil Puppy

Somebody doesn't like Ed Wood flicks...

I just saw Intersteller and I really liked it, not as much as some people (I thought it was a bit slow) but I'd say it's easily one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Tags
movie