Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Bad Natured

Boondock Saints (1999). Having high expectations, I was not expecting those expectations to be blown out of the water. William Defoe's character was at first a shock, but then his became a strong performance of one the greatest characters that has ever blessed the silver screen. At times this wonderful flick becomes a little unrealistic, but that was only because it was too busy being a stunningly gorgeous symphony of celluloid. The acting was great, the story over the top perfect, with solid direction and camera work to boot. Simply a wonderful action experience. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Midnight toker

Clash of the Titans (2010): First watch. I've always been a fan of the original so wanted to give this a watch when I got the chance. Can't say I was very impressed. It's like they had a bunch of scenes from the original they wanted to keep then wrote some crap filler to pad it out, while still attempting to butcher the scenes they did keep. They tried to break away from the original story in some aspects but ended up with a really confused and boring script. Some aspects were fun and I did manage to sit through it, but I thought all in all it was a pretty poor effort. For what is ment to be an all out action film, I found the film dragged its heels at every opportunity. The original is brimming with camp style and the quality stop motion effects of Ray Harryhausen. This one really didn't have anything going for it.

Oh and the only arabic character in the film turns out to be a suicide bomber. :rolleyes:
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Clash of the Titans (2010): First watch. I've always been a fan of the original so wanted to give this a watch when I got the chance. Can't say I was very impressed. It's like they had a bunch of scenes from the original they wanted to keep then wrote some crap filler to pad it out, while still attempting to butcher the scenes they did keep. They tried to break away from the original story in some aspects but ended up with a really confused and boring script. Some aspects were fun and I did manage to sit through it, but I thought all in all it was a pretty poor effort. For what is ment to be an all out action film, I found the film dragged its heels at every opportunity. The original is brimming with camp style and the quality stop motion effects of Ray Harryhausen. This one really didn't have anything going for it.

Oh and the only arabic character in the film turns out to be a suicide bomber. :rolleyes:
Hahaha, Classic. :P
@Topic: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) Loved it. First Terminator movie I sat through when I was a child, this was around when Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) had been first released in theatres. So I was around twelve years old. Classic. *thumbs up* I also loved the T-800 model Terminator (Arnold Schwartzenegger) Pescedero Escape figure produced by NECA. Comes with a great Sawed off shot gun. :)

Last edited by iSeymore; 05-09-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Forgot "[/b]". ^^;
Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

rise of the damned
Old 05-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Evil Dead

Iron Man 2
Dread

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Jaws 3, but I watched it with my Dad as he gave commentary and advice to characters so it was hilarious.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Jaws 3, but I watched it with my Dad as he gave commentary and advice to characters so it was hilarious.
Haha what was his advice? "DON'T GO IN THERE!!" :D
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Children of the Corn (1984)
Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992)
Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (1995)

Haven't got the chance to check out this series before except the first one. Lately bought a 8 in 1 of COC collection dvd & started to watch it one by one finally.

Last edited by roshiq; 05-10-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Masoch's mistress

The Butterfly Effect I and II
Both better than I expected
Old 05-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Bad Natured

Cat People (1982). This classic, steamy thriller was not shy in the use of flesh to allure the viewer's eye. But this was not some cheezy sexploitation flick. The nudity is more than relevant to the story, which use elements of polar irony to showcase its characters. The story itself was decent, including one rather realistic and brutal scene that was wonderfully portrayed. The use of colors was artistically explored with aplomb. The direction was more than solid, and the acting was pretty decent. Overall, it was the atmosphere that deserves the most credit here. As well, the ending was pretty solid. Merci beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.