Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Last seen was Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. Watched it with Leza, who will have a review of it up later on Dollarbin Massacre.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
harpoon.....
Was it any good?

Mum and Dad- bf loved this x

Last edited by Bastet; 05-16-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Evil Dead

"Raiders Of The Seven Seas" (1953)
-John Payne, Donna Reed

Good old fashioned Pirate adventure movie. Lots of fun.

"Death To Smoochy" (2003)
-Robin Williams

Funny (but not as funny as I thought it would be( look at childrens TV shows
Old 05-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Midnight toker

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010): Wasn't impressed. I know its a remake, but it felt like they didn't want to inject any creativity. I wanted to see some cool surreal dream sequences and a little more flare. They had the opportunity to let there imagination run wild with Krueger and they just didn't. The film ticks over nicely and its put together well enough, it just really didn't grab me. The pacing and kills are enough to stave off boredom, but I wouldn't call it a good film. Just another bunch of faceless high school kids who all look like they're pushing 30 getting cut up by a bad guy.

As for Jackie Earle Haley I thought he put in a decent peformance and thought the 'new' Freddy was pretty good. They kept a dark tone for the film and he played it well. In that respect it was a nice return to the style of the original, which really is more dark than the camp, wise cracking Freddy most associated with the franchise.

All in all I'd say the film is pretty much what I expected. Nothing particularly wrong with the execution or delivery but really nothing right with it either. I wouldn't recommend it, but I didn't hate it.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
Was it any good?
it was ok.

who dares wins
Old 05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Last seen was Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. Watched it with Leza, who will have a review of it up later on Dollarbin Massacre.
Great film, nice choice to review... will read in a moment.

---

Crime Zone

Enjoyable 80s dystopian future flick with David Carradine and Sherilyn Fenn.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I stopped posting on this thread for awhile...not sure why. Anyway, tonight I watched:

Transsiberian (2008)

As a big fan of Brad Anderson's Session 9 and The Machinist, I had high hopes for this one, and the fact that Woody Harrelson and Ben Kingsley were involved just made my expectations that much higher. Turns out it was just OK...nothing awful, but far from the caliber I'd expect from talent like Anderson.

Started out well with some interesting characters, but by the second act they became so mindbogglingly stupid that you have to wonder if anyone even bothered to proofread the script. Godbless Emily Mortimer though...as much as her character was dumber than a bag of hammers, she managed to pull a surprisingly strong performance out of it.

I didn't mind it overall, but its got way too many plotholes and lapses in logic for me to ever think of recommending it or watching it again. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come for Anderson...

The Invention of Lying (2009)

Also nothing special. I really liked the concept and there were some great laughs at the first, but they ran out of steam pretty damn quick. By the halfway point it just seemed liked a drawn-out comedy sketch that went on way too long.

Relatively amusing, but surprisingly run-of-the-mill.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Wrong Turn (2003)

Great movie. Loved the woodsy campy feel to it. Liked the whole hill billy imbread thing that went on throughout the series.
I thought it was a rather brutal movie, and the kill scenes were awesome. I give this movie an 8/10.

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2006)

Liked this movie, wasn't as great as the first one, but had some more brutal kill scenes a new line of expendable characters, but these characters all had their weaknesses and chracter traits. I liked that this movie was longer than the previous film, listed above. But! I liked the surroundings of the 1st movie, a lot better. The watch tower scenes from the first movie were mint. Loved it.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
No redeeming qualities

Mutants (2009)--What a disappointment. The film started great, than rapidly became tiresome and dull. Actually, the sense of completely blown potential reminded me of Martyrs.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:29 PM
For Vendetta