Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Romance and Cigarettes.

You're going to either love or hate this film. I loved it. Written and directed by John Turturro, the plot has nothing to do with it's charm. The entire film is one big quirk. The characters are all off kilter and it's a musical no less. Amazing performances by James Gandolfino, Susan Sarandon, Christopher Walken, Steve Buscemi, Elaine Stricht and a number of others.

Recommended to those who enjoy off the wall indie films- Fortunato, Chrono, MissM and others- if you haven't seen it, check it out.
haha i turned that off the second James Gandolfini started singing,

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
Return should make Penguin jokes more often.
You're right - I usually tend to just waddle around them when the opportunity comes up...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Agreed - But I couldn't think of anything more clever to reply than "LOL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
You're right - I usually tend to just waddle around them when the opportunity comes up...
And there it is again... LOL

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Little Mew

Quote:
It's my increased presence - I tease that bird right out of him...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
You... Wait... You just... No way! OHHHHH!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Hole (2009)

Joe Dante (The Howling, Gremlins) directs this horror film about two brothers that stumble upon a mysterious hole in their basement. When the hole is exposed, evil is unleashed. With strange shadows lurking around every corner and past nightmares coming to life, they will have to come face to face their darkest fears to put an end to The Hole.

In this beautiful little horror feature Joe Dante returns with typical, campy & fun mix of 80's flavor that you can watch with your entire family & friends, even you can add it up to your coming Halloween night movie list just before the Trick r' Treat! The horror maestro wonderfully proves again still today it's possible to make a pretty decent horror film without showing a single drop of blood & even nudity, sex or violence. I absolutely loved it, reminds couple of 80's favorites...it has a ghostly little girl, a creepy clown doll and even a perfect boogieman!

So what are you waiting for?? At least don't try to miss it in this special month...Go watch it in whatever way you can collect a copy of this gem.

>>: A-

Beneath Still Waters (2005)

>>: C+

Abandoned (2010)

>>: D

Last edited by roshiq; 10-12-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:12 AM
Ipsos Custodes?

Human Centipede. Bit of a letdown, I was expecting better.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Bad Natured

Dance of the Dead. (2008). This entry into teen scream horror comedy had all of the makings of a bad flick gone worse, but somehow avoids all such pitfalls and instead churns out a devilish good time. Not necessarily original, the fresh and talented cast adds to its sense of originality. What may have brought this up a level is that it somehow captures the awkward essence of high school in an effortless manner. There are some laugh out loud moments as well as scenes that are just too delightful for words. This low-budget bloodfest never feels cheesy, but instead replaces dollars with outright talent. With witty dialog, fun scenes, and rock and roll fun, Dance of the Dead is a wonderful addition into this difficult genre. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Evil Dead

Vexille: CG Anime. I'm not totally sold on the use of CG for anime quite yet. Some aspects look amazing, but others not so much. This is a pretty interesting storyline about Japan blocking itself off from the rest of the world when it wants to pursue android production after the UN makes it illegal. Worth a watch if you're into Ghost in the Shell type anime.

Feast 1,2,3: Great, gory fun as always. I was worried about 3 not even being 80 minutes long, but it was a perfect length.

Flakes: Fairly fun indie-type movie with Zooey Deschanel *swoon*. Christoper Lloyd is great in this. Worth watching when you want something not too serious.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Hole (2009)

Joe Dante (The Howling, Gremlins) directs this horror film about two brothers that stumble upon a mysterious hole in their basement. When the hole is exposed, evil is unleashed. With strange shadows lurking around every corner and past nightmares coming to life, they will have to come face to face their darkest fears to put an end to The Hole.

In this beautiful little horror feature Joe Dante returns with typical, campy & fun mix of 80's flavor that you can watch with your entire family & friends, even you can add it up to your coming Halloween night movie list just before the Trick r' Treat! The horror maestro wonderfully proves again still today it's possible to make a pretty decent horror film without showing a single drop of blood & even nudity, sex or violence. I absolutely loved it, reminds couple of 80's favorites...it has a ghostly little girl, a creepy clown doll and even a perfect boogieman!

So what are you waiting for?? At least don't try to miss it in this special month...Go watch it in whatever way you can collect a copy of this gem.

>>: A-

Well, I'M not waiting. SOLD!!! :D