Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Evil Dead

Deer Woman.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
very nice :D

but don't give up your critiques
Parasitic was a pure low budget crap but there were few decent creature effects as the director, Tim Martin is a special effects artist who already worked in some big budget Hollywood movies but for his own movie he couldn't show any other talent aside from his general field.

The Collingswood Story was a decent low budget indie effort where the whole film proceeds through some web cam or web video phone conversations between the characters. Not bad, worth a watch for the indie lovers.

War of the Dead...as the title suggests, it's about fast-ass kicking Nazi zombies! My expectation was low for this one but surprisingly it turned out quite well made & kinda entertaining.

Gangsters, Guns & Zombies...Britt low budget poor zombie flick that tried to be funny but failed most of the part.

Scalene...after reading some reviews & particularly the plot synopsis (A perceptual thriller told from three points-of-view revolving around the rape of a female college student by a mentally handicapped man and his mother's subsequent revenge after his incarceration...), I got interested to check this out. With a good production value & decent unknown cast, the film even started nicely where the first segment of flashbacks proceeds with a Memento flavor...backwardly. But the whole build up & the story becomes nothing but a wasted opportunity when they reveal the god damned "truth or reason" behind the main incident...which I found totally irrational & stupid.

The Gestapo's Last Orgy...another sleazy prison camp Nazisploitation flick. They should 'reboot' this series (may be with a mix of some other horror ideas/themes). I won't mind to see a good budget treatment of these movies today. :)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
They should 'reboot' this series (may be with a mix of some other horror ideas/themes). I won't mind to see a good budget treatment of these movies today. :)
That would be cool. Hopefully they'd come up with something better than the recent Nazi orientated movies. I think that the climate is perhaps to politically correct for anyone to get away with putting out shit like back in the subgenre's heyday.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Horror Fan

Saw "Basket Case" for the first time today. I don't know what took so long. A great horror-comedy with great (if low-budget) fx. Very similar feel to the first Evil Dead.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Undead

just watching black swan better be good anyone else see it conform if its good
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgamer666 View Post
just watching black swan better be good anyone else see it conform if its good
Good more thriller than horror. Gotta pay attention at the end.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Undead

ok love a good thriller no one wanted to watch this with me because its ballet but theres some ballet thats cool only watch it because the music is sometimes creepy
Old 08-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Undead

wow it was great
Old 08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
The Stench Is Me

Watched C.H.U.D this afternoon. Its a favorite of mine from my childhood. Its not great but I like it.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Detention" 2/10

The movie wasn't funny, it was way too smart-ass for its own good, the story was a mess and quite confusing (Not even sure it made any sense at all) and the lead character was a pathetique, annoying, self pitiful weiner.

In other words. FAIL