Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
I finally saw "Prometheus" last night.

I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was great either. It kept me entertained but didn't keep me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. I'd give it a 6.5/10.
You need to watch it as a standalone film, separate from the Alien franchise, to appreciate it a bit more, specially the questions it leaves you with. Think of it as a spin-off.

-------------------------

Watched Prometheus again last night. My 6th or 7th viewing, and I love it a wee bit more again. As for the questions, all answers are given in the movie if watched carefully, IMO. I still say it's a great sci-fi film with a dash of surreality.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Cenobite

Prometheus!

Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Evil is Better

Watched Leprechaun last night. I forgot how much fun that movie is.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I watched Magic last night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkx07HYylo
I was pleasantly surprised by this psychological thriller, great atmosphere, great acting (Anthony Hopkins, Burgess Meredith), funny yet disturbing and the creepy ventriloquist dummy puts it over the top. I give it a 9/10 rating, do yourself a favor and watch this one.
Thank you me and dara had been wondering what that film was called as I haven't seen it in several years going to have to rewatch soon :)

Dahmer (2002)
This was an ok fictionalised account of Dahmer's antics. Peaked very early on and never really gets as thoroughly insightful as it should be but it has a good try.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Thank you me and dara had been wondering what that film was called as I haven't seen it in several years going to have to rewatch soon :)

Dahmer (2002)
This was an ok fictionalised account of Dahmer's antics. Peaked very early on and never really gets as thoroughly insightful as it should be but it has a good try.
Your welcome
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 PM
HDC Idol

Charlie Bartlett (2007)

Cute, charming, well-written and well-acted. I'm not necessarily the target demographic, but it was a good coming-of-age/youth-rebellion film. Also I absolutely adore Kat Dennings and Hope Davis. Great casting.

3/5.

The Haunting of Whaley House (2012)

Watched this based on feedback from this forum and I have to say I'm pretty torn:

On the one side, there is some incredibly awful writing, acting, and direction that you would expect from an Asylum B-grade horror film. I almost turned the movie off in the first 20 minutes.

But on the other side, there are some surprisingly good scares (some of the cheap, granted) and a lot of the haunting was well-done. I also really loved the ending.

I'm starting to really enjoy supernatural/haunted house movies so maybe I have a soft spot, but this movie was OK. I guess the fact that there were some merits makes it harder to swallow what was just plain awful about it.

2.5/5.

Also, I started watching Snowtown but then got plastered and had to turn it off. Definitely a well-done and incredibly unhappy movie. Hard to say I "liked" what I saw per se, but a very very well-done and gritty movie so far. And the ick factor might just keep me away from finishing it. We'll see.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The Haunting of Whaley House (2012)

Watched this based on feedback from this forum and I have to say I'm pretty torn:

On the one side, there is some incredibly awful writing, acting, and direction that you would expect from an Asylum B-grade horror film. I almost turned the movie off in the first 20 minutes.

But on the other side, there are some surprisingly good scares (some of the cheap, granted) and a lot of the haunting was well-done. I also really loved the ending.

I'm starting to really enjoy supernatural/haunted house movies so maybe I have a soft spot, but this movie was OK. I guess the fact that there were some merits makes it harder to swallow what was just plain awful about it.

2.5/5.
yeah totally agree with the starting of it,was like "oh no, another film trying hard to be a 80s b movie but modern :rolleyes:"then it suprised me how good it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Also, I started watching Snowtown but then got plastered and had to turn it off. Definitely a well-done and incredibly unhappy movie. Hard to say I "liked" what I saw per se, but a very very well-done and gritty movie so far. And the ick factor might just keep me away from finishing it. We'll see.
keep watching, it gets ickier :D

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-16-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Horror Fan

Watched Paranormal Activity III. Good movie with unique, if abrupt, twist at the end. Takes a little while to get going though.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:33 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
keep watching, it gets ickier :D
hahaha - Something to look forward to then. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Watched Paranormal Activity III. Good movie with unique, if abrupt, twist at the end. Takes a little while to get going though.
I really liked that one. Loved the ending too. I'm going to be honest, I do enjoy the franchise; the weakest in my opinion was the second one, but I think it's because we didn't necessarily see anything new per se (plus the haunted pool cleaner was a little much after a while).

The Devil Inside (2012)

Going into this movie, based on all of the mediocre to bad reviews I read I thought that I wouldn't like it at all... But to be honest, it really surprised me. I thought that the pacing was well-done (at the outset at least) and that it had both very creepy and incredibly horrifying moments (the contortionists, either real or FX absolutely made my skin crawl).

Biggest complaint, is the same complaint that I heard from Rue Morgue and folks around here: Just when it starts to get really good and exciting, it abruptly ends, and in an incredibly dissatisfying way.

Sure, they direct you to "find updates on the Rossie Files website," but that's just not enough for me.

http://www.therossifiles.com/site/ <-- In case anyone is interested.

I'm really torn here. I'm absolutely fascinated by real-life exorcism and the concept of "exorcism school" (or the fact that it's taught when people go to get their priesthood), so a lot of the scenes that people complained were "boring" I actually found fascinating.

But it ended way too abruptly. And now I feel sooooooooo dissatisfied.

I think I liked it more than the average horror viewer (I really did truly like it), but MAN did the ending irk me. The word "dissatisfied" only scratches the surface in terms of how I feel - This is like cognitive blue balls. I need something to finish me off.

3.25/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Little Boo

posession, at the pictures, like 6hours ago.