Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Chop! Chop!

It is a short story not a book, sorry. I don't have my lit book right now so sorry. It is a very good story. I kind of ruined it, cause that is the climax, but the story is still very good. I will look for it.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:23 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Hi otis!

Thanks it sounds really good!

I had always thought Donny had to do with space time continuem. The whole plane incident I thought somehow got shifted around in time, and everything was out of order. donny seemed to be tapped into it all because he was half way into his own death. That was my idea, but yours deserves a study. I hadn't thought of the story being from his mother's perspective, and that influencing the outcome. This movie gives you a lot to think about anyway. I'd like to see some different analyses of this movie, great for a discussion group!
Old 05-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Chop! Chop!

I have heard some....
The engine was the only thing that went into the portal, and it just so happend to land in his room.

He wasn't supposed to live that night, the whole blob things leading everyone around was nature fixing itself.

Someone said he killed himself, but I think that is false because he didn't go into the portal and he also didn't have a vehicle.

Another thing that supports my idea, his mom killed him, is that at the end she isn't crying but everyone else is. She seems satisfied that her son is dead. Maybe it is just me.

This movie is great, what other movie has debates like this?
Old 05-08-2004, 05:41 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Hi otis!

You are so right!

I forgot that his mom wasn't upset. This is a strong factor towards your theory. What do you think about Grandma Death?
Seemed like she was waiting for something. Like she knew somehow that all this weird shit was going to happen.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Chop! Chop!

Fuck, I haven't considered her. Hmm...... Sounds like she supports the one about nature correcting itself.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:50 PM
PRIVATE EYE

?

In what way? This is getting very interesting!
Old 05-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Chop! Chop!

Well Nature was correcting it's mistake, so the lady lead donnie to pursue this time traveling thing.

EDIT: That really dosen't help any. Hmm...
Old 05-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Chop! Chop!

Maybe this movie was made to do this. They lead you up to many plots.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:04 PM
PRIVATE EYE

True

Yeah, that is true there are many different aspects to interpret. Grandma death seemed to be waiting for Donny. Maybe she was waiting to do her part in the whole sceme of things, aware that the time would come. Explaining her trips to the mailbox over and over. Didn't know when the exact moment would arrive.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Chop! Chop!

THat is a good theory.