Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
TO ME HOGAN AND AUSTIN ARE PRETTY EQUAL I MEAN LOOKED AT WHAT THEY BOTH DID.

HOGAN BROUGHT THE WWF TO LIFE AND JUST WHEN WCW STARTED TO TAKE OVER THE RATINGS BATTLE AND WWF WAS LOSING POPULARITY AUSTIN BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE.

IF IT WAS'NT FOR HOGAN AND AUSTIN THERE PROBABLY WOULD'NT BE A WWE RIGHT NOW.
You have a good point, but I was hardcore WCW when Austin emerged. So I hate the current WWE that he is largely responsible for. Also, there are a ton of other guys who have made an impact, not just Hogan and Austin.

I love Hogan though, cuz he only has like 4 moves and he's managed to stay around forever. That's a damn accomplishment.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
You have a good point, but I was hardcore WCW when Austin emerged. So I hate the current WWE that he is largely responsible for. Also, there are a ton of other guys who have made an impact, not just Hogan and Austin.

I love Hogan though, cuz he only has like 4 moves and he's managed to stay around forever. That's a damn accomplishment.
I think Hogan will be remembered as the greatest of all time. You're right when you say he can't wrestle, but he makes that up with tons of charisma. I think Roddy Piper is also a great one. Not a real good wrestler, but there's hardly anybody better on the microphone. He did mainevent the first Wrestlemania and also the 'War to settle the score' on MTV in 1985 (against Hogan) which made it possible that Wrestlemania came into existence. Speaking of Piper, You should check out his book 'in the pit with Piper'. It's a really good read!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by D'Lo
I think Hogan will be remembered as the greatest of all time. You're right when you say he can't wrestle, but he makes that up with tons of charisma. I think Roddy Piper is also a great one. Not a real good wrestler, but there's hardly anybody better on the microphone. He did mainevent the first Wrestlemania and also the 'War to settle the score' on MTV in 1985 (against Hogan) which made it possible that Wrestlemania came into existence. Speaking of Piper, You should check out his book 'in the pit with Piper'. It's a really good read!
I will always love Piper simply b/c of They Live. But you are right, he was crazy on the mic. No one was as animated as him, well maybe Flair. I haven't read any of the wrestling books yet. I'm waiting for one of the Vince's to write one. That would a particularly juicy read.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Hellacious Demon

I have one thing to say. Two more days till Survivor Series. It's probably not going to be as good as No Mercy 2003. I don't think any wwe pay per view will beat that one. But Survivor Series does have quite some good matches. Like Undertaker vs Mr. McMahon in a buried alive match, shane mcmahon vs kane in an ambulance match, the two survivor series style tag team matches and that's all I'm looking forward to. I just can't wait to see mr. mcmahon get buried alive. the only problem is that they will get him out after the match. in my opinion they should just leave him down there.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Evil Dead

avenger,

Hall has a LONG history of being drunk and screwing things up. Once he started to fall back into that habit, they fired him. I have a feeling Hall was warned upon being rehired that he was on a short leash. He isn't treated the same as other wrestlers without a history of screwing up.

D'lo covered the issue well. He was fired for more than just the plane incident.

As for Hogan, he has always fucking sucked. I was one of the few that hated him in the 80s when I was a kid. My God he always bored me to death. Although, I did love the Ultimate Warrior. He was almost as bad as Hogan in the ring. lol
Old 11-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by NirvanaNole
avenger,

Hall has a LONG history of being drunk and screwing things up. Once he started to fall back into that habit, they fired him. I have a feeling Hall was warned upon being rehired that he was on a short leash. He isn't treated the same as other wrestlers without a history of screwing up.

D'lo covered the issue well. He was fired for more than just the plane incident.
I know all of this, that's what makes him so great is that he's completely unpredictable. I don't think his drunkeness ever screwed anything up, hell, they made a good angle out of it even.

He was fired because of a clause in his contract that said if he was caught drinking he was out. He drank during the plane incident and was fired. Tons of other crazy shit happened and Hall falls asleep and he's fired. What the hell? Hennig was also fired after that I believe. Those guys were two of my favorites and they let them both go. Bastards.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Hellacious Demon

avenger, I agree with u. WWE workers are bastards. not the wrestlers but the other guys. U know the ones working in the WWE Headquarters. They fired two great wrestlers. Hennig and Hall. those damn fucking bastards.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by FreddyFan
avenger, I agree with u. WWE workers are bastards. not the wrestlers but the other guys. U know the ones working in the WWE Headquarters. They fired two great wrestlers. Hennig and Hall. those damn fucking bastards.
Yes, I agree. Sometimes the behind the scenes guys are idiots (especially the writers).
Old 11-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I know all of this, that's what makes him so great is that he's completely unpredictable. I don't think his drunkeness ever screwed anything up, hell, they made a good angle out of it even.
Wasn't it WCW that made an angle out of it and not the WWF?

Also, we don't know the whole story. I know he had a history of not making meetings because of his alcohol problems. If you had an employee that did things like that and wasn't essential to your business, you'd fire him to. I don't blame Vince for that; however, I do blame him for putting his roided ass and his ugly daughter on TV all the damn time. They're both useless. At least Shane can do physical things to add to the show. Then again, I have pretty much stopped watching the WWF since they fucked up the ECW/WCW angle. THe company has become shit without competition to push it IMO.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by NirvanaNole
Wasn't it WCW that made an angle out of it and not the WWF?

Also, we don't know the whole story. I know he had a history of not making meetings because of his alcohol problems. If you had an employee that did things like that and wasn't essential to your business, you'd fire him to. I don't blame Vince for that; however, I do blame him for putting his roided ass and his ugly daughter on TV all the damn time. They're both useless. At least Shane can do physical things to add to the show. Then again, I have pretty much stopped watching the WWF since they fucked up the ECW/WCW angle. THe company has become shit without competition to push it IMO.
It was WCW, the angle was Hall vs. Nash. I loved WCW and will always miss it.:( I think Hall was essential for the business though, I mean they pretty much disbanded the newly reformed NWO after they fired him. Big mistake.

You are right about Shane. He is an amazing talent. You are also right about the WCW/ECW angle. That was the biggest fuck-up of all time. What a waste.