Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I Am Male.

I hate remakes with a passion.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Every once in a while I hear from fans that say remakes are bad or they suck. I once asked some fans how they felt about the 1931 Dracula movie with Bela Lugosi and the 1931 Frankenstien movie with Boris karloff and 1932 Mummy movies. They all said those movies rule. Then I told them they were remakes not originals. They freaked and I told them when the original Frankenstien Dracula Mumy movies were made. 1909 1910 1920. So I wouldnt say all remakes suck because alot of them are pretty darn good.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of Mark of the Devil.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Evil Dead

Mark of the Devil 1970 didnt that movie have a couple of sequels Mark of the Devil2 and Mark of the Devil666.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I Am Male.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Every once in a while I hear from fans that say remakes are bad or they suck. I once asked some fans how they felt about the 1931 Dracula movie with Bela Lugosi and the 1931 Frankenstien movie with Boris karloff and 1932 Mummy movies. They all said those movies rule. Then I told them they were remakes not originals. They freaked and I told them when the original Frankenstien Dracula Mumy movies were made. 1909 1910 1920. So I wouldnt say all remakes suck because alot of them are pretty darn good.
Well I hate the remakes coming out in these times....sure Thomas Edison's Frankenstein is great damn it I was going to buy this but it got sold out....

The Thing, The Fly, and a bunch of others are great remakes....BUT these remakes are made for $$$$$ not for craftsmanship and art. Its in the wallot for horror films these years....

5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Evil Dead

Hey Classic you know what will be intersting to see is how old school stopmotion KingKong 1933 will compare to a new CGI Kong in 2005. I get the feeling Willis O BriansKong will still rule. Anythoughts
Old 01-22-2005, 05:21 AM
I Am Male.

Well Gojira I can't say the new Peter Jackson Kong will compare to the O' Willis kong.

I hate cgi, Peter Jackson proved to us in LOTR series that he's capable of overflowing his cgi.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:49 AM
Evil Dead

Well Classic I enjoyed the LOTR movies and imo Jackson should have been best director for 3 years not 1. but Hollywood does not really give awards to fantasy films. But after 3 years I guess they couldnt ignore what Jackson had made. The thing that bothers me about this new Kong movie is that I hear Kong will be only 25 ft tall and if thats true alot of Kong fans will be turned off by that.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:57 AM
I Am Male.

Peter Jackson has made some good movies: Dead Alive, Bad Taste, The Frighteners, Heavenly Creatures...ect.

In matter of fact Dead Alive is my 6th fav horror film. I think Clash of The Titans, Sinbad movies, Wizard of Oz, and a bunch of others are way better then LOTR.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Evil Dead

Well Classic here is how I see it LOTR was voted best picture and Wiz of OZ Class of the Titans Sinbad and Dead Alive were not. So imo LOTR is better far far far better. But any movie that makes 3 times what it cost to make is infact a successful movie. The remake of the Wizard of OZ in its day was awesome in 1939 and even today its still great no doubt about it. But I think LOTR is better