Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
I just flat out forgot about LA Confidential and Assault On Precinct 13---two of my favorite movies!!!! James Ellroy is crazy. Ever read any of his crime novels?

Did you like Ghosts of Mars? I liked it, but everyone else seemed to hate it. I thought Desolation Jones was one of the best screen names ever.
I've never read any crime novels. I don't stray far out of the horror genre when it comes to books.

All Ghosts was, was a remake of Assault. So how could I hate it? It was Desolation Williams BTW, but I still prefer Napoleon Wilson. Also, I posted my other favorite gunfights above, I don't know if you saw them though.

Last edited by avenger00soul; 01-19-2004 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Evil Dead

My favorite Woo gunfight would be the end of Killers. It's also my favorite Woo movie. Woo even stuck a dove in Hard Target???? Remember the scene in HT when Van Damm knocks out a snake? WTF? I bet the foley guy had a hard time coming up with the proper sound effect. What does a fist striking a snake sound like, anyway?

Have you seen SWAT yet? They're going through the shooting range, and a guy tells Samuel Jackson that he forgot to roll. Big Sam says, "Rolling is for John Woo movies. You don't do that shit in real life." Funny reference.

(Oh well--I like Desolation Jones better; has more of a Western ring to it.)
Old 01-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Hahaha. Hard Target (along with Cyborg) is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. If Van Damne wouldn't have starred in it, I have a feeling that it would be more of an action classic. Henrikson and Vosloo were badass in it. What does a fist hitting a snake sound like?

Haven't seen SWAT yet, but that is a good reference.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Evil Dead

Also wanted to mention the violent Western Ulzana's Raid directed by Robert Aldrich and starring Burt Lancaster. Anyone seen this little gem? Nice anti-Vietnam film disguised as a Western, with the Indians standing in for the Viet Cong. No heroes in this one. The cavalry are obviously a bunch of racist morons, and the Indians are simply savage. They even cut out a guy's heart and toss it back and forth. At the very first of the movie, a woman thinks a soldier is coming to save her from an Indian attack, but instead he shoots her to so the Indians can't rape her. Then after his horse is wounded, he puts his pistol in his mouth and blows off the back of his head. Then the Indians laugh while mutilating their bodies. Horror fans would definitely like this, and it's more shocking than any Italian cannibal movie.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by buddy
how to get ahead in advertising
Just got done watching it. Pretty good, thought maybe it should have ended after the other personality took over.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Just got done watching it. Pretty good, thought maybe it should have ended after the other personality took over.
haha i can't believe you went after this one avenger00, too funny! glad you liked it, yea it drags a bit when they get into that tent towards the end if i remember. still a sneering boil with a moustache is always good for a few laughs eh? jeez that's it, i'm renting wicker man this week!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by buddy
haha i can't believe you went after this one avenger00, too funny! glad you liked it, yea it drags a bit when they get into that tent towards the end if i remember. still a sneering boil with a moustache is always good for a few laughs eh? jeez that's it, i'm renting wicker man this week!
Believe it or not it came on TV. I'm having tremendous luck with The Flix Channel this week. It's been showing all these exploitation films Dr. K has been talking about and it showed How to get Ahead...Awesome channel. You're right about the mustache wielding, French-speaking, ketchup loving BOIL. Great for a laugh. Hope you have with the Wicker Man.:D
Old 01-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

added Pi to the list. Great movie
Old 01-21-2004, 06:09 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Spider-Man
South Park the movie
Terminator 1-3
Rambo 1-3
Star Wars 4-6
Jurassic Park 1-3