Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Evil Dead

Any Romero film is something to be happy about but any Romero Zombie film is something to celebrate! I cannot wait for this, Romero has yet to make a bad Zombie epic.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Survival of the Dead - George A. Romero

Written and Directed by George A. Romero
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134854/
Old 05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Misanthrope

I was disappointed with this one to be honest. I dug how the majority of the characters were thieves and villains but I found this entry a little flat. Will be giving it another watch sometime to see if it grows on me.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I was disappointed with this one to be honest. I dug how the majority of the characters were thieves and villains but I found this entry a little flat. Will be giving it another watch sometime to see if it grows on me.
Flat is being a bit polite...I didn't expect much after LOTD (but i guess Diary gave me some false hope) but i thought it was pretty shit...Zombies on Horrors and some of the CGI was just terrible.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Scares Little Kids

I havent seen it yet but Ive seen diary of the dead and land of the dead and i gotta disagree with you there ferox, i found all george a romero movies BUT diary good, i dont know why i watch films with that weird camera angle when i know it drives me apeshit, i cant stand the shakiness, i never like the people holding the camera, and its impossible to get a really good view of much of the cool shit, i mean i bet cloverfield would have been 100 times better if they had normal camera angles. All the george a romero movies with normal ones are awsome too, you get to see in long detail the kill scenes, if diary of the dead is anything like cloverfield i bet you barely get to SEE the zombies, i mean i understand its kinda to make you feel there or something, but it just makes me feel annoyed i cant see as much as i would in a normal movie format. It may be to make you care more for the actors, but the characters are the ones shaking the camera like a dumb ass, it makes me want them ALL to die and its not even as good because if you see it you barely do through the annoying shakiness. Im sorry ferox but i gotta disagree, land of the dead RULED and even though i havent even seen diary ive seen all the classics and i say movies should never be in that cloverfield-style and movies with that camera angle dont make you feel there more or care for the characters, it simply annoys those who love the normal ways of filming movies, you never see as much as you want and what you do see is fucked up by the shaking camera as the characters run or shake in fear. P.S i mean to see survival of the dead but never diary, cloverfield ruined that camera style for me. George a romero is the best, any who have read my john carpenter thread, they are both tied as my favorite film makers.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Pirate of Bengal

I kinda liked it...:o
Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Misanthrope

Diary Of The Dead was awesome IMO (apart from a couple of annoying characters and the heavy handedness of the themes). I liked it way more than Cloverfield which I saw round the same time along with [REC]. Diary is a different film to those two so don't let the camera style put you off because its classic Romero.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhorrorfan View Post
i found all george a romero movies BUT diary good,
Are you including his non zombie films like Bruiser in this statement?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Evil Dead

Watched Survival a couple of weeks ago and i`m sorry to say that George should do the decent thing and retire.

Land,Diary and Survival are not in anyway in the same class as the first trilogy.
The whole feel of his later movies is nothing like the Night,Dawn and Day flics.

And why the hell is he using cgi.The old ways of fx with Savini where miles in front of any computer rubbish he now dishes out.

George,i love you but please............retire and grow old gracefully and not become a laughing stock.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 AM
The Jesus of Suburbia

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkwingMantis
seen it... Love it.... Great flick

Tags
dead, george a. romero, survival, zombie