Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Hellraiser

Five across the eyes - if you haven't seen it before, don't bother. How this film got commissioned I have absolutely no idea. It's films like this why some people don't understand the fascination with the horror genre.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Thirteen Ghosts is so early 2000's. I watched that movie when I was 11 years old and I almost crapped my pants after watching the Jackal.
I also think 6th Sense was scary, scared me for years (watched it when I was 9) even thought the movie came up in 1999 when I was 8.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 AM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
the exorcism of emily rose
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Loomis View Post
the exorcism of emily rose
I thought that was a good movie. Obviously it's no Exorcist but it can't be one of the worst for a decade, can it?
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I like several movies on that list. The Happening I think was entertaining, I really enjoyed the remake of the Wicker Man, Ultraviolet is just amazing, I love it, though I am not sure why it is listed as a horror movie as it really is a science fiction action flick so I guess if someone see it and expect horror they would be disappointed. Doom is a good movie in my opinion, it is one of the best computer game movies around.

And on that long list of what the author call stinkers you have movies like the Eye, Shutter, well the list go on and on with great movies which he calls bad. And he have Van Helsing as the worst horror movie of the last decade? First off all Van Helsing is not a horror movie it is fantasy action, it is not more horror than Lord of the Rings, and secondly while it is not a perfect movie it is still rather entertaining.

I do not mean to offend anyone, and the author off this list certainly have the right to his opinion, but to me that list seam rather snobbish, many horror movies is a bit campish, that do not make them bad.

I also do not see why everyone is so against remakes, especially with horror and science fiction remaking movies with more modern special effects often makes for good movies in my opinion, yes often a remake can not match the charm of the original, but that do not make the remakes bad.

Now as for worst horror movie, well you have The Human Centerpide which I have not seen however the concept alone qualify for the top place. You have an insane scientist who kidnaps three people and surgically joins them together in a line, mouth to anus to test whatever or not human beings can survive on the well...poop off others. So the scientist run around and train his captives to crawl around and off course in the end one of them, the poor bugger at the end of the chain who have had nothing to eat for days save twice digested food get blood poisoning. The movie is just made for shock value and nothing else.

The worst movie I have actually seen lately is Vampire Assassin, I could tell you the plot, but it is just a mangled mess, the effects and dialog are so bad it seams like something a few friends made over a weekend and posted on Youtube. The whole movie I just sat scratching my head that this ever got a commercial release.

Last edited by BookZombie; 02-20-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Whip In My Valise

Human Centipede was highly entertaining. The Wicker Man remake was a spit in the face to the original.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I think the new Wicker Man movie was good, I think that when one watch a remake one have to consider it a new movie and not get offended when it vary from the original. A remake is not meant to be a copy of a older movie, but a new entity inspired by it.
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
I think the new Wicker Man movie was good, I think that when one watch a remake one have to consider it a new movie and not get offended when it vary from the original. A remake is not meant to be a copy of a older movie, but a new entity inspired by it.
Even without comparing it to the original, it was complete crap.

"HOWDIDITGETBURNEDHOWDIDITGETBURNEDHOWDIDITGETBURN ED"

"NOTTHEBEES"
Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM

Well we will have to agree to disagree on that, the movie had it's flaws but I quite enjoyed it.
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
Now as for worst horror movie, well you have The Human Centerpide which I have not seen however the concept alone qualify for the top place. You have an insane scientist who kidnaps three people and surgically joins them together in a line, mouth to anus to test whatever or not human beings can survive on the well...poop off others. So the scientist run around and train his captives to crawl around and off course in the end one of them, the poor bugger at the end of the chain who have had nothing to eat for days save twice digested food get blood poisoning. The movie is just made for shock value and nothing else.
Why? Why is The Human Centipede so much worse than many other movies out there? How about L'Interieur? The brutal attack and death of a pregnant woman isn't as bad? What about Martyrs? Basically a couple hours of brutal, unflinching torture wrapped up with the most insipid plot ever written. That's fine is it? Frontieres? The brutal torture and death of yet more innocent people, this time by kids? Yep. Quality movie making there that should be appreciated by all. But poop! OMG!!! NO!!! Not poop! Run for the hills!!

I'm sorry, but if you haven't even seen it, how can you possibly comment on it? Most of what people think they know about the movie is incorrect. It's not all that graphic. There's no 2 Girls 1 Cup type action. It's campy as hell and not meant to be taken seriously at all. It is actually a fairly well done movie for what it is.