Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > News, Reviews & Article Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2003, 01:13 AM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
This movie blowed big time, and doesn't even deserve the texas chainsaw massacre title. I walked out of the theatre pissed off more than I've ever been after seeing a piece of trash such as this. It was totally cliche with all other crappy "teen movies" out there. They tried way too hard to make it creepy, and sick, and they still couldn't get it out. In the original you were scared cause of what you saw, NOT what you heard as in the booming of the music when something scurries quickly across the screen. Bottom line this was movie is nothing, but a cliche, and in a sense brings down the original.
Thank you, glad to see someone can see past the smoke and mirrors of this remake. You should register we need more members like you lol
Old 12-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to kawaiidragonfoe Send a message via Yahoo to kawaiidragonfoe
Thumbs up Hurry & go see this multiple times before it's too late!

It is a hair-raising fun loving thrill ride with every bit of it's predessor's charm & dark humor. If you've been to Rual Texas you know that more of the residents there are rot-mouthed hicks that firmly believe in "What you do is your own business." & will kill if you tresspass. As far as the Sheriff, there's one of those too in every small town (at least here in Tx) who is hell bend to protect all the secrets he or his town's people might harbor. If you have seen the orginal dont bother going in looking for new-age versions of the orginal twisted family because you wont find them. The only setback this movie had is we dont see quite enough of that chainsaw totin' masked madman we all know & love. I have to say that i was having too much fun in this movie to even be remotely scared, as i' am in all horror movies. i did however laugh where laughing wasn't supposed to be like were Leather grabs her in the closet lol & did ghet some weird looks from fellow audience members.

Speaking of Leatherface, he is ecpertly done in this movie as well, even having his identity revealed for all to see & let me tell you now that it's not pretty. What you do see is him 'making himself up' as it was to be shot in the orginal but never made it to screen. No need to worry about size in this version, he is positively HUGE! larger than Gunnar Henson (who played the maniac in the orginal) i dont know who he is but i can tell you that i think we have found a winner in the long list of dudes to play the character. There is speculation that there will also be a remake ot TCM 2& if this is true i hope that this Leatherface actor reprises his role. If so, he will be the first to do so in the history of the films.
Again i say that you CANNOT by any means go into this movie thinking you'll see a copy of the orginal, you will come out pissed off & not enjoy the movie at all (i know because i did this the first time i saw it).
-Kawaiidragonfoe, movie reviewer extrodinair.

Last edited by kawaiidragonfoe; 12-11-2003 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

This was one of the best films of the year it freaked me out when i first saw it in the morning and i had trouble getting to sleep later that night. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is on my list for 10 best films of the year
Old 12-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Post-Moderation

lol
Old 02-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to shiftyc
Im gonna hafta agree with PhantomMaggot i wish i could get my money back and my memory of that film whipped out it sucked
im not gonna waist my time givin it a rating
Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
what up dawg

had this really all happened??
Old 04-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Sephor

Great Movie

This Movie is awesome, way better then the original by far, Micheal bay and mark nispel did a great job, I love this movie.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Ryan Stephens

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) *SPOILERS*

I haven't seen the 1974 version of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", but I've seen "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2", "Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III", and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation" and I think they're all dumb, but that's okay because the remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" makes up for the dumbness. I bought the 2-Disk Collector's Edition DVD Set and it came with a keep case, a metal poster, six crime pictures, two disks, and tons of extras. Jessica Biel is very wonderful as Erin, the leading lady, and she's super hot. "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" ISN'T ANOTHER DUMB SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A WONDERFUL REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!! Erin, Kemper, Pepper, Andy, and Morgan are five teenagers taking a road trip through Texas to go to a rock concert. They quickly stop when the find an ill teenage girl, all bloody, walking down the side of the road. Erin and Pepper gets out of the van and leads the teenage girl into the van. The teenage girl blows her brains out, just before the teenagers' find out that they're driving the "wrong way". The teenagers' find an old house and they check it out. I'm not going to tell you what happens next because you probably already know what happens. Leatherface crashes out...Kills the teenagers...ECT!!!!!!!!!! Overall, I thought "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was very scary, very violent, very gory, very suspenseful, very thrilling, and somewhat funny. R. Lee Ermey gives a wonderful performance as Sheriff Hoyt, the cocky sheriff who bosses the teenagers around. If you ONLY have a VHS Player, buy the VHS. If you have a DVD Player, buy the 2-Disk version of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". It won't be a waste of your time, I promise...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Brooklynn

awesome movie!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre rocked! It was way better than the first and the scary thing is it actually happened.... oh and the guy (andy) was REALLY hot. it had a great, hot cast .... the movie was just awesome
Old 05-21-2004, 07:34 PM
will lott

Thumbs up awsome movie

the movie rocked! it was by far better than the original.
the whole thing leeds you deeper and deeper in horror!

the blood and guts are SWEET! BUY IT! it's the best movie
of all time. everyone did agreat !