Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2022, 01:27 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
INN OF THE FRIGHTENED PEOPLE (also known as REVENGE)-1971. Any photos I've seen from this usually try to make it a sexy flick with Joan Collins in her undies. It's actually a pretty grim and taut film of a grieving family (daughter murdered and suspect let go) that with a friend, decide to resort to Vigilante justice without considering all the complications arising from such an action. ***

Watched the trailer, this looks great! Thanks for the rec.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:57 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Watched the trailer, this looks great! Thanks for the rec.
Hope You enjoy

ERASERHEAD (1978). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Debut film from David Lynch is probably the most coherent work He has done. Although there many scenes that are weird and/or vague, the story line is more linear. Henry (the late Jack Nance-His hair style is..interesting and even more so considering He kept it for the 5 years it took Lynch to raise the $$ to finish) in a nondescript sort living in a crumbling city who gets an invite to dinner at his Girlfriend's. When there, He finds out that the Girlfriend has had a baby and pressured by her Parents to marry. The baby itself is grotesque-sort of a skinned Turkey and ET combination- that never stops crying, putting incredible strain on the couple. However, that's not reason enough to condone what happens later on the film...
Lynch is very secretive about everything, but what I could check on, I have read that He was living in a very run down section of Philadelphia PA and his newborn child had special needs before He began this. So maybe it could be a parable for living that situation. Some commendable camera work (especially the iconic shot that appears on posters and T-shirts) helps move the story, but again so much that is all but incoherent can make this a challenge to view. I know many people love this, but for Me, it's **1/2
Old 02-11-2022, 09:34 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Prom night
Old 02-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Evil Dead

Hello mary lou prom night II
Old 02-17-2022, 04:45 PM
Evil Dead

Sorority house massacre
Old 02-18-2022, 12:37 AM
Evil Dead

BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES (1973). Final film in the original APES series is probably the weakest one in the bunch. Not much in the way of the plot and extreme overacting by Claude Akins as "General Aldo"-the mean side of Me can't help but think it was ideal casting. Decent effects and Roddy McDowell is good as always with support from Austin Stoker, but it definitely was time to call it a day. John Landis (the Director) is one of the human's in the coral and neat seeng Colleen Camp in her first film as a servant. **
Old 02-18-2022, 05:38 AM
病気の

Inn of the Frightened People, 1971. 7/10

Director: Sidney Hayers

Old 02-18-2022, 05:54 AM
病気の

Scarecrows, 1988. 8/10

Director: William Wesley

Old 02-18-2022, 07:03 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Hope You enjoy

ERASERHEAD (1978). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Debut film from David Lynch is probably the most coherent work He has done. Although there many scenes that are weird and/or vague, the story line is more linear. Henry (the late Jack Nance-His hair style is..interesting and even more so considering He kept it for the 5 years it took Lynch to raise the $$ to finish) in a nondescript sort living in a crumbling city who gets an invite to dinner at his Girlfriend's. When there, He finds out that the Girlfriend has had a baby and pressured by her Parents to marry. The baby itself is grotesque-sort of a skinned Turkey and ET combination- that never stops crying, putting incredible strain on the couple. However, that's not reason enough to condone what happens later on the film...
Lynch is very secretive about everything, but what I could check on, I have read that He was living in a very run down section of Philadelphia PA and his newborn child had special needs before He began this. So maybe it could be a parable for living that situation. Some commendable camera work (especially the iconic shot that appears on posters and T-shirts) helps move the story, but again so much that is all but incoherent can make this a challenge to view. I know many people love this, but for Me, it's **1/2
Yes, as far as the narrative goes, you could call it avant-garde. Like with some song lyrics the narrative I sense is meant to be ambiguous, enhancing the likelihood of multiple, or individualized, interpretations. Or it's totally Freudian-subconscious disseminations

I know two folk who thought it was pro and anti abortion each... which highlights the multiple interpretations.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-18-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:27 AM
This is a test

Evil Dead 1983

Always stays young.