Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Finally got around to seeing the japanese school girl zombie flick Stacy
Heres a review

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
That fucking Guy...

"Warm Bodies".
I liked it...I mean look it's a zom/rom/com and it's no "Shaun" but, it's still definitely worth a watch.
Quite depressing in parts, ridiculous in others, bit of schmucky romance thrown in too...but it comes together nicely.
Great and rather interesting eclectic soundtrack going on as well.

For those that don't know, the book it was based on was meant to be a spin on Romeo and Juliette.
While I can see the similarities it stands on its own just fine.

I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 7.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Living Dead

Maniac....got half way through then I started to get bored. Probably watch the rest when I'm more energetic.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rela1024 View Post
Maniac....got half way through then I started to get bored. Probably watch the rest when I'm more energetic.
Which version? I watched the 1980 version this week. I did the same thing as you -- it got a bit slow in the middle and I was having trouble staying awake so I stopped and watched the rest the next day. I ended up liking it; the ending is great. But due to some less than perfect pacing in the middle, and I'm not sure his romantic interest was all that compelling, I give it 7/10.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Maniac (1980) & (2012)

I have seen the original Maniac only once before; so after watching this Elijah Wood featuring 2012 version I just instantly decided to revisit the original to make a 'fair' comparison as I could hardly recall anything about that 1980 cult classic. One thing I was pretty sure that William Lustig's clinical take on Joe Spinell's script didn't actually impressed me first time but that was about 6 to 7 years ago when I was quite newb as a horror movie viewer. Anyway, I think Joe Spinell did his best to portray the titular character considering his caliber as an actor back in the early 80s. For those great special effects from a young Tom Savini the film was quite effective on visual display of violence & gore as it was intended but it may not that good of a horror film in compare to its other particular subgenre of movies. But still 80s Maniac is recommendable for honorable mention as it's little more than just a nasty little Grindhouse flick, IMO.
Now, about the 2012 version: though there are some similarities in plot elements with the original but I think it deserve to be categorized as a re-imagining remake. Partly scripted by Alexander Aja & directed by Franck Khalfoun (P2), there are some fine changes or modifications they made regarding character attributes & plot developments in this new Maniac. And I appreciated that from the beginning to the end. To bring the viewer into the mind of a rampant lunatic, they shot the film almost entirely from the first-person perspective of the title character where Elijah Wood on the role still shines convincingly only through reflections on mirror & glass, dream sequences & photographs as one fractured young man. It was brutal and I liked it and I think some of my favorite HDCian friends here...V, Chrono, Newb, EC, Ferox may also going to like it.

>>(for both): B+
Old 05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Evil Dead

The Dead Want Women (2012) (V)

There first half of the movie is the back story of Lady who seem to being having a party.

I then find out she been rejected and that to kill everyone shoot everyone in that room with a gun.

There was some nudity scenes in first half of hour of the movie not much in the second half of the movie.

The start of movie was based 1920's and Decades after, 2 Girl who planing the selling this house.

Get caught up then those Dead Men from past come back to haunt them,

I thought the make up effect were not too bad,they could have them bit more scary there they were.

The acting not that bad, I was expected very bad acting, it not un- watchable.

The movie was very boring thought, I was again drifting away from time to time, while watching this movie.

3 out of 10

Zombies Vs. Strippers (2012)

This is yet another full moon picture, I still think was tiny improvement on The Dead want women.

They could have this movie at more funny then it was, well did make me laugh one or twice.

The rest of the jokes felt way to force and they lost or the funniest even before the jokes ended

For a zomebie this movie wasn't as gory as I thought it would be and there zombie make up effect didn't look that good at all.

The first of half the movie was very boring as it got to know this people are who were all very annoying.

The acting he want to expect from this movie not good at all but it's not unwatched -able

I am giving giving this movie 2 out of 10 caused it made me laugh twice with two decent jokes.

Greystone Park (2012) also know as The Asylum Tapes (UK title)

I don normal mind these Hand-Held Camera/Documentary Horror, I seat thought a number of them, Yeah some movies are good and some are really bad and boring.

But this movie I found everything to be very annoying from the start first of the movie is too dark, that can't seem to see what the hell is going on.

For few moment I thought I sat on the remote and turn TV off by mistake but I Know i didn't cause these banging noise now and again coming form the TV black screen,

If wasn't the Darkness of movie, it very annoying fizzing pictures that come on way to often in this movie, This movie just came a really bad headache.

The part of the movie you can actually see in the movie is last 2 minutes of the movie, which was only decent part of the movie that may someone Jump if this was their first horror movie and the ending was very predicable and boring.

I don't if the acting was good or bad as I couldn't really tell but scripts were really bad too.

Quote from the movie Anyone who goes into this building ends up going mad!

Which should be change Anyone who see this movie will end up getting a mad headache!

1 out of 10
Old 05-04-2013, 04:55 AM
Scares Little Kids

All good things ( ryan gosling and kirten dunst)

( not exactly a horror, but a boring thriller lol)

watching horrors tonight instead :D
Old 05-05-2013, 06:04 AM
HDC Idol

The Watch (2012)

This really should have been better than it was. It had a couple of laugh-out-loud moments but was otherwise MEH.

2/5.

Django Unchained (2012)

With such an acclaimed director as Tarantino (whose movies I LOVE), it's really hard to go into a film without comparing it to the rest of his body of work, especially since there are so many common threads lacing between them - Thinking on Django, here you have a vengeance film, as was the Kill Bills, and as was Inglorious Basterds to a certain extent... Then you have more direct comparisons - In Inglorious Basterds, Tarantino is killing Nazis and avenging their victims... Here in Django Unchained, Tarantino is killing slave owners in a pre-Civil War South... So it's hard NOT to compare Django Unchained specifically to Inglorious Basterds.

With that off my chest...

Django Unchained was good. Not the mind-blowing experience that I had with Inglorious Basterds, but it was good. Not surprisingly, Christoph Waltz was really great to watch... Leonardo DiCaprio was fantastic, and Tarantino sufficiently builds tension when necessary.

That being said, I thought the movie was oddly flat - Could be that with Tarantino and the billed cast, I had high expectations - But considering his history, how could you NOT have high expectations... I don't know, I'm ultimately conflicted here as I think back to Tarantino's body of work from Reservoir Dogs to Basterds and this just isn't as impactful as his other pieces, or as impactful as it should have been. I was really disappointed.

Good, but not as great as it should have been.

3/5, I guess, but probably because I am biased and have a hard time giving Tarantino lower than a 3...

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Hmmm - Guy Pierce was a great bad guy and Robert Downey Jr. was fun to watch, though the schtick is getting old.

This was better than the second one, but still pretty forgettable.

2.5/5

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Scares Little Kids

The Collection..good film, if you like Saw films..I did think the first one was better though :)
Old 05-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

Django Unchained (2012)

Django Unchained was good. Not the mind-blowing experience that I had with Inglorious Basterds, but it was good. Not surprisingly, Christoph Waltz was really great to watch... Leonardo DiCaprio was fantastic, and Tarantino sufficiently builds tension when necessary.

That being said, I thought the movie was oddly flat - Could be that with Tarantino and the billed cast, I had high expectations - But considering his history, how could you NOT have high expectations... I don't know, I'm ultimately conflicted here as I think back to Tarantino's body of work from Reservoir Dogs to Basterds and this just isn't as impactful as his other pieces, or as impactful as it should have been. I was really disappointed.

Good, but not as great as it should have been.

3/5, I guess, but probably because I am biased and have a hard time giving Tarantino lower than a 3...
Not a quite fan of the finale of Inglorious. Liked Django a lot more than the Basterds.

Texas Chainsaw (2013)

IMO: There are only 2 'good' things about this latest take on TCM saga:

1) Hopefully now this will make the 2003 Marcus Nispel directed remake (my very favorite guilty pleasure) & the 2006 prequel version TCM: The Beginning (loved it too) "damn good films! or may be even epic" to those ardent fans of the original who so far hated or didn't like the 03 & 06 versions at all.

2) The young horror-hottie Alexandra Daddario, playing Leatherface's hot cousin:D

Overall, awful plot! Haven't seen the Next Generation (1994) yet; so for me, this is the worst!

>>: D+

Tags
movie