Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Evil Dead

Today I watched nu zombie movie that have small budget but look better than World War Z. Key is to make zombies focus and give them good look.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Pirate of Bengal

IT FOLLOWS (2014)

This is one of those rare horror masterpieces that you'll love more as soon as you finished the movie & start thinking about it! Through his first venture into the horror, writer-director David Robert Mitchell created something seemingly so simple but absolutely extraordinary here that I think even horror masters like David Cronenberg or Roman Polanski would have love to play with IT in their glory days of Horror.
STD, insecure & guilt ridden adolescent, confronting our evil within & its manifestation...we can go on & on but metaphorically the theme of IT FOLLOWS has so many levels that you'll just keep discovering them as every time you are going to see it or discuss about it with others. From start to finish this film demands your full attention & you'll have no problem to give that as how skillfully every shots been taken here with superbly eerie scores on the background. I'd also like to give another big thumbs up to the director as how beautifully he kept the film with almost zero or very minimal nudity & eroticism while the plot is so sexual in nature. The studio is already planing for a sequel focusing the origin of IT (souce: wikipedia)...which is a terrible idea, IMO. Cause this amazing, strange horror film doesn't need any sequel or prequel to tell anything more...it's one of those gems whose strengths lies on its mystery & wonder. Anyway, one thing is for sure IT FOLLOWS will follow & secure its deserving place in the heart of many mature & ardent horror movie fans for a long time. See it asap if you still haven't or it'll follow you slowly wherever you go

>>: A

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
It's easily a 10 for me. I mostly loved the weirdness, atmosphere, and suspense of the movie. It felt like I was in another world. For some reason I liked watching them drive around and stuff. As for the characters' lack of common sense, the director said they were supposed to be like the kids from Scooby-Doo, do their plans were gonna be stupid. The ending didn't sit well with be at first either, but now I think it ended perfectly because we never know if the person following them is a normal person or a follower. It's definitely a divisive film, but I loved it!
Totally agree. Considering their age group & the hell they are dealing with by themselves, their odd or stupid decisions didn't surprise me much. I loved that ambiguous nature of the ending too.

Last edited by roshiq; 05-06-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

Man, you guys are making me want to see it again. Great insights roshiq, crux, Angra... Thanks!

Another thing the director said that I thought was interesting was that the "rules" are communicated by a character in the movie, who himself had to figure them out on his own, so he might not fully understand them himself. It's the old unreliable narrator thing.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:07 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post

Another thing the director said that I thought was interesting was that the "rules" are communicated by a character in the movie, who himself had to figure them out on his own, so he might not fully understand them himself. It's the old unreliable narrator thing.
And that's the prequel right there.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:39 AM

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE 1995

Watched this with my grandson. For what it was, I certainly enjoyed it. The Rangers do battle with a new threat Ivan Ooze..(well, he was new in 1995)

Last edited by The Bloofer Lady; 05-07-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Evil Dead

Today I watched boring monster movie that have 2 good scenes, one with monster in closet-dresser thing. Scared me little bit.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Evil Dead

Already posted about the film in this thread, but repeating you gotta see Trouble in Mind from 1985.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Evil Dead

Spy (2015)

It's a good sign when a comedy has you laughing so hard you're crying within the first 5 minutes. There hasn't been a comedy this good and this consistently funny since maybe The Lego Movie, but I would argue that Spy is even better than that. Spy is about a CIA analyst, played by Melissa McCarthy, who has to go undercover after her partner falls off the grid to prevent a global disaster. I love Melissa McCarthy, but this is by far her best role I've seen her in. She's an extremely versatile actress, who can make pretty much every type of joke a hit. They're all perfectly timed and delivered so that, even if the jokes themselves aren't all that funny, the timing and delivery made them so much better than they should have been. The plot itself is a little thin, but there are some good twists towards the end. It almost doesn't matter because of how much you'll be laughing throughout the movie. You definitely won't want to pass this up when it gets into theaters in June. It'll be one of the best times you've had at a theater in a while.

9/10
Old 05-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Evil Dead

Thumb resize.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Spy (2015)

Melissa McCarthy

9/10
Sold.