Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to dewaholic
That's it! Woo now I can rest easy, cuz I no longer hafta try to think of what I've seen him in.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I just watched tonight's Master of Horror "Fair Haired child" And I gotta say, I think it's 1 of the best. Quite possibly the best. I've been mildly disapointed with the series, since the third one and just got more & more disapointed with it. But I always watched it, cuz I thought " well maybe they'll get back to really fucking good." And it did! If some of you gave up on this series, I highly recommend "fair Hair Child"

Side note: I don't keep up w/ who the director's are, so I have obviously no clue who did this one.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Evil Dead

OMFG, Fair-haired Child was AMAZING. Every shot in this film screams artwork, it's shot very well & visually appealing. The story is one of the BEST, if not THE BEST (haven't seen them all yet). It kept my interest all the way through and the ending was very satisfying with that little twist. :D New favourite director.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Evil Dead

William Malone's Fair Haired Child

A bit of a stretch, this one. Before watching this, my husband and I were talking about the director. In another forum, someone mentioned that the only reason Malone made it to the "masters" list is because he knows Mick Garris. Perhaps that is a cruel conclusion. Having seen Chocolate (it's not the worst episode in my opinion), one can relatively trust Garris' judgement that Malone does have something to offer up for the series.

And he does. This particular episode did not ring any alarm bells for me during the first half. It was beautifully executed. The story was interesting and the actors mold well into their characters. However, the moral ending for me leaves something to be desired. Early on Nietzsche was mentioned. That any act of love is beyond good and evil. The ending does away with that statement altogether. For that reason...here's my list:

my MASTERS OF HORROR Ranking List
1. John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns
2. Joe Dante's Homecoming
3. Tobe Hooper's Dance of the Dead
4. Don Coscarelli's Incident On & Off a Mountain Road
5. Stuart Gordon's Dreams in the Witch House
6. Mick Garris' Chocolate
7. William Malone's Fair Haired Child
8. John Landis' Deerwoman
9. Dario Argento's Jenifer
Old 01-14-2006, 02:57 PM
caropants

I LOVED Fair Haired Child!! VERY creepy. Definitely the best episode so far. I can't wait to see more from Malone.....he's amazing. I hope he makes another feature soon.

:cool:
Old 01-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Evil Dead

The last 1 ( I forgot what it was called, it was a week ago, but it had bugs) was good but not jump out of your skin scary.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Evil Dead

Lucky McGee's Sick Girl

Having just seen Tobe Hooper's Toolbox Murders, Angela Bettis' re-appearance in this episode was very welcome. Evidently a talented actress, she imbued her character with a unique charm. I think this is a very well-made comedy-horror episode, right beside John Landis' Deerwoman.

While the element of horror is not blatantly expressed, I thoroughly liked the body-invasion tones in several sequences: Misty's dream, the "ear-probe", the insemination (for lack of a better word), and the transformation. Reminds me of Cronenberg...and the fact that he's NOT on the Masters list.

Well...onward!

6. Lucky McGee's Sick Girl
7. Mick Garris' Chocolate
8. William Malone's Fair Haired Child
9. John Landis' Deerwoman
10. Dario Argento's Jenifer

---

SideNOTE I just learned that they are not going to be airing Miike's Imprint episode because it's too disturbing. They are, however, going to be pressing it onto DVD. There are rumors that this is just an elaborate ploy to get people to buy the DVDs. Hardly surprising, eh?
Old 01-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Evil Puppy

Just saw Pick Me Up and really liked it, some of the acting was questionable but a good story and some good shots really made up for it.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:47 AM
Evil Dead

Larry Cohen's Pick Me Up
Whether or not it was an actual shot of a real snake being run over, the opening of this episode already tripped an alarm in my mind.

I actually thought Dario Argento's Jenifer would be the worst. He has artistic -- though often overly executed -- visions that leave little room for a sensible story and dialogue. Larry Cohen's was just astounding in its mediocrity.

What you have is a pastiche of scenes -- its only trump card being the motel torture scene -- that seemingly revolve around a story. Once you start chewing, it doesn't take long to realize there's absolutely NOTHING remotely resembling a story.

The dialogue is a compendium of psuedo-psychological interpretations of what a "maniac" would be like. How one would behave, act and speak. Appallingly bad, equalled only by the performance of its actors.

In a way, I'm really glad Argento climbed up the list. So, onward...

6. Lucky McGee's Sick Girl
7. Mick Garris' Chocolate
8. William Malone's Fair Haired Child
9. John Landis' Deerwoman
10. Dario Argento's Jenifer
11. Larry Cohen's Pick Me Up
Old 01-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Evil Dead

I thought Pick me Up was pretty good.

I stopped with the making of the lists quite a while ago, but I appreciate the ones that can keep putting the lists.