Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2005, 08:18 AM
I Am Male.

Have you ever seen the movie Papillon? Its better then all 3 of the LOTR but that hasn't won best picture...Dead Alive is an indy film so it couldn't have won it.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Minion

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicHorror
Peter Jackson has made some good movies: Dead Alive, Bad Taste, The Frighteners, Heavenly Creatures...ect.

In matter of fact Dead Alive is my 6th fav horror film. I think Clash of The Titans, Sinbad movies, Wizard of Oz, and a bunch of others are way better then LOTR.
I love LOTR but Wiz of OZ is my fave movie of all time and Even though LOTR was more intense in those many hours. I had a ore filling adventure in the land of Oz for that time period.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-22-2005, 04:07 PM
I Am Male.

Exactly...it doesn't take "I don't know how many hours" to have good time, its a film that can deliver the goods thats "good". LOTR delivered a bunch of CGI and boring sobs. Sorry I just don't like these films, I think they are overrated.

5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I grew up reading the Tolkien books like the Hobbit the 3 LOTR books and the Silmarillion. Watching what Peter Jackson made on film is darn right awesome like watching a book come to life. Classic I get the feeling that you just dont like CGI at all. The best CGI movies are the ones that you cant tell CGI was used. Its funny back in the 1920s and 1930s when Stopmotion was 1st being used here in the USA some people did not like it others loved it and it was the CGI of its day. I am betting maybe 30 years from now some new special effect will come along and fans will say I hate this and they will talk about the old movies that were good that had CGI lol. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Minion

Don't get my wrong I love LOTR but it seems WIZ OF OZ just delivers. I agree the best CGI is the one where you are like.....oh they used CGI for that??

I love the HULK as a fan and as a movie and him being major CGI I thought they did an excellent job.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Evil Dead

Ever notice that the best film makers today still incorperate stopmotion in their movies and as far as CGi they only use what they need they dont rely on CGI for the whole movie. Speaking of the WIZ OF OZ ever see the original in 1927 or 1929 man that movie is grat to watch but in 10 year the remake in 1939 was awesome.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Minion

No,Gojira, I never have seen it, I'll have to check it out.

This whole time I thought the remake WAS the original. THe 1939 is my fave movie of all time. People are like WHAT expecting me, as a 17 year old to like some movie like Bad Boys or something new and I'm like no i grew up on WIZ OF OZ I LOVE IT :).

I love movies that don't rely TOO much on CGI.

Like alot of new movies. OR sci-fi channel movies. Those movies SUCK bad.

I hate movies nowadays, they make good movies into shit.

Like the movie Phantoms, Fantastic book, they make a movie and screw it up.

Or how about alone in the dark. They made a video game and it was old fashioned. The movie is coming out and it's all high tech special operatives that fight underground monsters. I mean seriously

Same with Resident Evil. They make a Great game in a mansion. They make a high tech movie and it sucked. I loved the 2nd one, tied into game elements very well.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-22-2005, 05:52 PM
I Am Male.

Wizard 39 is not a remake, its an adaption. A remake is made from another film. An adpation is made from a book.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Evil Dead

Well I am sure both WIZ OF OZ movies in the 20s & 30s were both based on the book so remake might still apply. Because the movie was remade a 2nd time hence remake
Old 01-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I Am Male.

Its like saying Horror of Dracula is a remake of Bela's Dracula, it just isn't.