Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I have those same thoughts, all the time...wondering what it would be like if I just didn't care, and was an asshole like...well, not everyone around me, but like a lot of people I know. But you know what? I like being friendly, and maybe even being weak, to a degree. "There is strength in understanding, and sensitivity" someone said to me once.

Take a look at any superhero comic or movie...all those characters doing "the right thing" and helping people who are victimized, trying to make things right. Do they have it easy? Nope, not one of them. It's tough being the good guy. You have to think about what you're doing, and care. But I think it's the better way.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 07-03-2008, 05:47 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
I have those same thoughts, all the time...wondering what it would be like if I just didn't care, and was an asshole like...well, not everyone around me, but like a lot of people I know. But you know what? I like being friendly, and maybe even being weak, to a degree. "There is strength in understanding, and sensitivity" someone said to me once.

Take a look at any superhero comic or movie...all those characters doing "the right thing" and helping people who are victimized, trying to make things right. Do they have it easy? Nope, not one of them. It's tough being the good guy. You have to think about what you're doing, and care. But I think it's the better way.

I agree with you crab but in saying that..who remembers the superheroes'?
Its the villans who usually get the most recognition and rememberence.
When i bought up the new batman movie topic to someone..the 1st thing they asked was ..ooooooh..whose playing the joker..there was no mention of the batman character. ?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornforgey View Post
I agree with you crab but in saying that..who remembers the superheroes'?
Its the villans who usually get the most recognition and rememberence.
When i bought up the new batman movie topic to someone..the 1st thing they asked was ..ooooooh..whose playing the joker..there was no mention of the batman character. ?
Well I am a comic book geek, so I would. But hes right, I like being a nice guy, and I just don't know how to be an asshole like most other people. I just wish people would leave me alone sometimes. Its like no matter what I do, somebody is always there to give me shit. Which is why i've been keeping to myself lately. Some people just won't stop bothering me though.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Ok so a little update, I took my cast off today. And I should have my insurance card next week so I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor as soon as I get it. I've been doing better lately, as you probably could have guessed, but i'm still having problems. I've been eating better lately, and I think that might be why i've been feeling better. So yeah... Just figured I'd say something.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
I mean no offense in any way but maybe ..just maybe the problem is you.
Just maybe you put yourself out there and expect to be judged or bothered to a point that when it doesnt happen , you purposely do something to attract attention to yourself.
Like this thread for example,

just a thought :confused:
Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornforgey View Post
I mean no offense in any way but maybe ..just maybe the problem is you.
Just maybe you put yourself out there and expect to be judged or bothered to a point that when it doesnt happen , you purposely do something to attract attention to yourself.
Like this thread for example,

just a thought :confused:
You do have a valid point, I admit that, but as for putting myself out there, I don't put myself anywhere, for the most part I stay at home by myself. When I do go out, for the most part i'm quiet and keep to myself.