Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
new owner of hell

not lately, whit some of the crap thats been rolling out hollywoods doors.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
There's a great line by John Landis - something to the effect that a really good horror movie makes you want to shout - "hey, you can't show that?!?!?!"
Well said!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Evil Dead

I think that horror movies is suffering now too.
Is there really any horror movie to look forward to next year?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Your funeral... my trial

I believe that cinema as an artform is in a sad state of decline, and this holds especially true for horror movies. There are still many filmmakers making brilliant, uncompromising work, but they are quickly buried by the studios. You know what this means though... after the Dark Age comes the Renaissance.

To directly answer the question, I for one still have fun watching horror movies. Maybe I don't enjoy most of the new horror as much as I enjoy the classics, but I'm not going to stop watching because things are in a slump.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Send a message via AIM to thepsychicfetus
Quote:
Originally posted by slasherman
still enjoy watching horror movies...it does not even have to be good...and many of them are really bad.....but still I wanna watch....you can call it a obsession if you like......
i would have to agree with slash on this one. it doesn`t matter whether the horror movie scares me, makes me laugh, or grosses me out, but i still find them entertaining time and time again. this month ive already watched a good number of horror flicks, but not all of them were great films in any sense. i believe i have more of a fetish with horror movies, as kinky as that sounds.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:56 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
honestly

NO..I find that todays horrors are too predictable and the empathis on all that blood and gore is kind of boring.
My kind of horror is when you can't see the entity but you know its there..when something is about to happen but your not quite sure what..the mystery of the whole film.
Blacula would have to be my all time favourite and Salems lot.
That is why movies made in the 70's were so popular and still in demand..but very hard to come by.