Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I've been told by someone usually quite good with this that Triple H has been approached about Thor. Dunno if I like that idea. He looks the part, but can he play it?

Nick Fury will be okay. It will help tie together the avengers movie so those not familiar with S.H.I.E.L.D or The Avengers but who like the films, will understand better.

Captain America will be hard to cast. If he hadn't done Batman and Robin I might have thought Geroge Clooney would be okay. Or maybe even Brad Pitt. Still, I think there must be someone out there who fits it perfectly. Lets hope they find him. The DiCaprio idea is good.

Also, I think they have to change the characters to suit mordern times (obviously not Cap), but also they can't just go for the ultimate stories, as classic fans would find it too far off. I think somewhere inbetween is just right.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Nightbreed

Obviously, The Wasp and Ant Man can have one movie. That way Marvel doesn't need to put too many movies out before the 'big one'. Past that, I might even suggest that Ant Man not even have his own movie. He's not popular enough in the marvel universe, or outside to get any type of blockbuster support. His movie will fail and it will lead to less excitement for the Avengers movie when it comes out.

I'd say that Ant Man and The Wasp could be introduced in the Avengers movie in a way that shows that outside of our familiar films, there was further Avengers recruiting that we weren't aware of. It also lends itself to the idea that there were others approached but who turned down the offer.

As far as casting, I'd say brad pitt would be a good thor. He's older and distinguished, and a great actor. And, for Pym, I might suggest Jim Carrey. I know, I know, but hear me out. Pym is a self conscious genius who puts up a massive front to his teammates hiding his own insecurities. He's also an alcoholic wife beater 'behind the scenes'. I can see carey switching from a charming public appearance to a violent bastard when the world looks away.

Either way, I can't wait for the Avengers movie
Old 07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Someone else suggested Karl Urban, here's a picture of him from one of the LOTR movies.

EDIT: My lingering hope that he will be Cap just decreased even more.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...ells-of-m.html

Last edited by massacre man; 07-14-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
EDIT: My lingering hope that he will be Cap just decreased even more.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...ells-of-m.html
Gag me. He's a great actor, but he'd make a horrendous Hal Jordan.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Gag me. He's a great actor, but he'd make a horrendous Hal Jordan.
That wasn't the part I was referring to, I was referring to even him thinking he was too old.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
That wasn't the part I was referring to, I was referring to even him thinking he was too old.
Heh, I'll be honest - I didn't even read that far :o

He's 100% right though: sad but true.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Has anyone here who has seen a LOTR movie remember it well enough to tell whether Karl Urban (pictured a few posts up) did a good job? That's the only film I'm aware he was in and I really, really, REALLY don't want to watch Lord of the Rings.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:51 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Has anyone here who has seen a LOTR movie remember it well enough to tell whether Karl Urban (pictured a few posts up) did a good job? That's the only film I'm aware he was in and I really, really, REALLY don't want to watch Lord of the Rings.
He's not really memorable. I've seen all the LOTR films at least twice, and I barely remember his character at all.

So he couldn't have been mindnumbingly bad, but he didn't leave any kind of impression either.

He was pretty god-awful in Doom though, so I really dont want to see him as Thor. We need a good actor, dammit!

Oh, and whoever mentioned Triple H - if he gets the part (or if John Cena plays Cap), I think I'll shit a brick. Maybe 3. Yes, the look the parts, but sweet god: they're wrestlers!!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
He was pretty god-awful in Doom though, so I really dont want to see him as Thor. We need a good actor, dammit!
Oh. Nevermind then.

Let's get a two-in-one time machine/dimension traveler from Sam's Club and get a younger Aaron Eckhart and the actual Thor for the movies.

Last edited by massacre man; 07-14-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
For Vendetta

I wonder if Dwayne Johnson can pull off a Cap America.

He's a very underrated and decent actor, IMO. And no complaints about his physique either.