Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 AM
For Vendetta

Nope not yet.

As with all good things and India, it is getting a delayed release over here, which is sometime next week. Add to it, the price for both PS3 and Xbox discs over here is an outrageous 2400 bucks(!!) ($60 converted into Indian currency), so it will be some time before prices come down and I get to play it. Hopefully Thanksgiving or Christmas at the most...who knows, maybe I ll gift myself a copy come Christmas! ;)

I read about the Scarecrow sequences at plenty of gamer review sites. Everyone swears they kick a lot of serious ass! I so cannot wait till I get my hands on a copy asap.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Nope not yet.

As with all good things and India, it is getting a delayed release over here, which is sometime next week. Add to it, the price for both PS3 and Xbox discs over here is an outrageous 2400 bucks(!!) ($60 converted into Indian currency), so it will be some time before prices come down and I get to play it. Hopefully Thanksgiving or Christmas at the most...who knows, maybe I ll gift myself a copy come Christmas! ;)

I read about the Scarecrow sequences at plenty of gamer review sites. Everyone swears they kick a lot of serious ass! I so cannot wait till I get my hands on a copy asap.
$60 is average for a new game (59.99 really), and it's funny because I remember my mom buying games for the SNES at $59.99 (I also vividly remember her buying Lufia new for the SNES when it came out and she spent $79.99).
Old 09-03-2009, 06:18 AM
For Vendetta

Well I have bought all my PS3 games for 899-1299 so far, so 2399 is a bit outrageous. As I said, prices will drop and (hopefully) post-Halloween, it should be near the 1299 mark and I ll pick it up.

Not to mention the nearest gamestore is 7 hours away from where I live (another city, really!), so I ll have to make the journey most probably during a spare weekend. So...touchwood!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Well I have bought all my PS3 games for 899-1299 so far, so 2399 is a bit outrageous. As I said, prices will drop and (hopefully) post-Halloween, it should be near the 1299 mark and I ll pick it up.

Not to mention the nearest gamestore is 7 hours away from where I live (another city, really!), so I ll have to make the journey most probably during a spare weekend. So...touchwood!
Ouch, reminds me of the old days... now I live about 5 minutes from a Best Buy, Meijer, Target, and Sears heh.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
$60 is average for a new game (59.99 really), and it's funny because I remember my mom buying games for the SNES at $59.99 (I also vividly remember her buying Lufia new for the SNES when it came out and she spent $79.99).
I paid ninety bucks in Christmas money for the last Final Fantasy 3(6) on the North Shore of MA.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
So I've been searching online for system requirements for this, and I've found about 5 different versions - some of which I meet, others I do not.

Anyone willing to post the legit requirements? I'm dying to play this one and really hope my computer is up to snuff. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:48 AM
For Vendetta

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

CPU:
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+

RAM:
1GB for Windows XP
2GB for Windows Vista

GRAPHICS:
nVidia 6600 or ATI 1300

SOUND:
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)

DVD-ROM:
Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE:
9GB free disk space

INPUT DEVICES:
100% Windows XP/Vista compatible mouse and keyboard

The recommended system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

CPU:
Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz) or Athlon 64 X2 4600+

RAM:
2GB for Windows XP
3GB for Windows Vista

GRAPHICS:
nVidia 9800GTX or ATI 3870

SOUND:
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)

DVD-ROM:
Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE:
9GB free disk space

INPUT DEVICES:
100% Windows XP/Vista compatible mouse and keyboard / Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Thanks V :)

Excuse my borderline computer illiteracy...but if I meet/exceed all the requirements but my video card doesn't match up, will it work at all? Will it just have less rendered graphics, or would it not play at all?

Probably a stupid question and I am pretty sure I know the answer...just want to double check.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 PM
For Vendetta

If you have a card which meets the minimum requirements, it d play the game on low/medium settings. Most of them set to Low, obviously, but it would play it.

Anything below that is doubtful. The game engine might reject it, or try to play it under Software mode and crash out.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

That's what I thought...no fun at all. Might need to shell out for a new card, because this game looks incredible.

Last edited by The_Return; 09-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.