Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-10-2015, 09:06 PM
病気の

i-Lived, 2015. 7/10

Josh is an app reviewer for youtube. He's unemployed, broke up with his girlfriend and the rent is due! Whew! Troubles aye? He trys this new app i-Lived, its suppose to help you achieved your goals and also help you along the way..Yay! grand idea, just always remember, you know those terms and agreements that you check off at the end to move on to the next point, the ones no one ever reads...well maybe you should fucking read 'em.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

The Houses October Built 7/10
Old 07-11-2015, 08:05 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
i-Lived, 2015. 7/10

Yay! grand idea, just always remember, you know those terms and agreements that you check off at the end to move on to the next point, the ones no one ever reads...well maybe you should fucking read 'em.
They did an entire South Park episode on that.
Pretty funny.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Evil Sweat

Get Hard (2015)
A bit too average for a Will Ferrell comedy.
But it's still Will Ferrell so it wasn't that bad. His faces, yelling and dialogue always make me laugh in some way.

Infini (2015)
Sci-fi/horror/thriller with elements of Aliens and Event Horizon.
For someone who's not big on sci-fi I thought it was alright.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Evil Dead

Mad Max Fury Road

Enjoyable. Entertaining. Visually awesome. Didn't really pay attention to the acting quality, too much explosion and crashing. Its not a powerful film, but that's not the point. Its an excuse to show lots of special effects and action.

SPOILERS:

However. A woman saving women brought to a group of elderly, but still buff women who work together to conquer. Yes Max was involved as was one of the white skinned boys, but they were adjuncts to the Charlize Theron show. This made me happy.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Evil Dead

Problem Child 2 7/10
Old 07-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Evil Dead

Minions (2015)

If you've ever seen Despicable Me or its sequel, you will definitely remember the little yellow tic-tacs called the Minions. They stole the show in almost every scene they were in, and they were memorable and cute little sidekicks. However, too much of a good thing isn't necessarily a good thing, and the origin story for the Minions is the perfect example of that. Minions shows what those little bananas did before they met Gru as they journey to the International Supervillain Convention in 1968 and become henchmen to the world's most notorious villain, Scarlet Overkill. The issues with Minions are present from the very first scene and continue throughout the entire film. Much of the humor, as agonizing as this sounds, is supposed to come from the way the Minions talk. That wears out its welcome extremely quickly as you can imagine. Even the jokes that don't concern the Minions are reused numerous times throughout the film, making this movie tedious and repetitive. That could be somewhat forgiven if Minions had interesting characters or a compelling enough story, but unfortunately, this film has none of that. The Minions aren't exactly dramatic characters; they're always the sidekicks, destined to be overshadowed by the villains they serve. Even Scarlet Overkill is a fairly generic villain. She doesn't have any sort of special powers or a unique personality to distinguish herself from other power-hungry female villains. There's never any sort of drama or development with her character. Now onto the unfocused and rushed plot. If you have the attention span of a goldfish, you might find the plot of Minions to be fun, but anyone else will feel like they're being suffocated by the insanity of this film. This movie just never takes a break. There's never a moment where you can calm your senses from the insanity of the previous scene, and it's not because it's some action-packed spectacle. It seemed like the filmmakers were trying to fit as much as they possibly could into each scene so that much younger kids wouldn't be bored. Minions might entertain the least demanding moviegoers and their very young children, but anyone else should stay away from the contrived plot, tired jokes and dull characters littered throughout this movie.

3/10
Old 07-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Evil Sweat

Burying the Ex (2014)
Average zombie romcom.
Last 15 minutes are the best. It includes a fun cameo.
Also Alexandra Daddario is freakin' cute.

The Stranger (2014)
Not great but better than average.
Too bad most of the violence was off screen or in between scenes.

Last edited by Baron Von Marlon; 07-11-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Immortal horror fan

Silent House (American Remake) -

This was advertised as a horror movie. And one that seemed like a good one. From the beginning I felt something was off. I liked the one take nature or how they edited it to look like one take. And I thought it would be a movie I would watch again just to find the editing points. However, this isn't a real horror movie. It's an LMN type movie pretending to be a horror movie. Kind of like The Ward, it's a horror movie for women. It's almost kind of obvious at the beginning too with a character that just didn't seem like the character he should be. The best thing was the one take element and the performance of the lead actress.

I was going to pass on the original because of this movie but it seems like the original is a bit different. So I'll still check that out one day.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Evil Dead

What exactly is a "horror movie for women?" I enjoyed it.

Tags
movie