Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Poetic Tragedy

Send a message via AIM to deftones6
In Hannibal when Ray Liotta eats his own brain!

Also, Cabin Fever when the skanky broad is shaving her legs and she begins to shave her skin off as well.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:43 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by deftones6

Lol, I love that part! Specially when H fries it up....yum yum yummy!
Old 01-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by deftones6

i thought it was done incredibly wrong ..
they made it funny ..

Liotta with this big grin on his face :

'smells good' !!

maybe i should have been revolted .. but i just laughed
Old 01-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
big deal ... i got a nasty scratch from the inside of a computer case once !

i think it was the computer case .... maybe it was my cat.

Damn! Out done again! I'm not worthy!:D
Old 01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
threadkiller

the grossest shit i ever seen was in the beginning of irriversible when the guy beats the other guys head in with a fire extinguisher...his face looked like a hamburger afterwards.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:49 AM
Banned

for me there have been 2 extremely non-horror moments that have disturbed me than anything in a horror flick..

1) american history X ... when edward norton killed the car thief on the curb ... nasty.

2) a beautiful mind ... when the guy has his baby on his knee and its screaming and crying - in need of comfort - and he's obvlivious, gazing off into space ...
for some reason that really bothered me.
Actually it bothers me in real life too ... a baby crying and being ignored ... not because of the noise ... but because all it wants is to be held ..

man i must be emotionally scarred or something.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:

2) a beautiful mind ... when the guy has his baby on his knee and its screaming and crying - in need of comfort - and he's obvlivious, gazing off into space ...
Actually it bothers me in real life too ... a baby crying and being ignored ... not because of the noise ... but because all it wants is to be held ..

Emotionally scarred...nah...

Probably just a good parent!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:44 AM
Something about a pillow

Quote:
for me there have been 2 extremely non-horror moments that have disturbed me than anything in a horror flick..

1) american history X ... when edward norton killed the car thief on the curb ... nasty.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I was seriously just about to write about those exact two scenes for the same reasons.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Banned

i think having a kid .... after really wanting one .... has turned me into the biggest suck on the planet ..
Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Rider on The Storm

Gore does not always equate with grossness; that is for certain. Especially when the gore is overdone.

Somebody mentioned Saving Private Ryan; I tend to agree, but not because of the knife scene. I was much more disturbed by the soldier who got shot, and Tom Hanks' character asks him how they can help him, and he just says "Give me more Morphine", and then when he's fixing to die, he keeps calling out for his mother. Very disturbing. I can't even watch it again.

Also worth mentioning is The Girl Next Door (no, not that dumb teen comedy). It's loosely based on a true story. Two sisters go to live with their aunt, because their parents have died and they are basically orphans. As it turns out, the aunt is horribly abusive. Basically, there is little or no gore, but this sick movie doesn't need it. It's what they don't show, what is left to the imagination, that makes it so disturbing. There is torture involved (The aunt burns off the older girls' clitoris with one of those little mini blowtorches), and there is also rape (The aunt allows one of her sons to rape the girl while she is tied to the bed). All in all, it is very sick, and I had a bad feeling for days after I watched it.
When I was a child, Kelly LeBrock once stared out at me through the TV screen. She told me that I shouldn't hate her because she's beautiful. And now, in my adulthood, I see her waddling down the red carpet, and I say to myself....

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!!! WHO'S JEALOUS NOW, BITCH!!!!