Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2005, 02:30 PM
I Am Male.

Do you have any idea how many remakes of horror films are planned to be made in the next 5 years?

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I dont think anybody knows how many horror movies the world over will be planned or made in the next 5 years. alot of planned movies get axed before production even starts. There are some studios that will contract to make an entire series about a character. But those are rare cases and are only done because the studio knows at the end of so many years and so many movies the series will have made a large profit for the studio.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:40 PM
I Am Male.

The TCM remake was nothing I hated it. The original reigns superb for me.

5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Minion

The remake was good. ah TCM never reigned superb anyway. it was a good movie but seriously.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I Am Male.

The 70's TCM is one of the best horror films of all time. After seeing as many movies as I have seen. TCM Remake looks like crap.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
LOL guys I am telling you I saw TCM in 1974 and there is nothing really good about it. There is no great Chainsaw Massacre just a guy who makes motions like he is cutting but he isnt. That you can see. He does kill Franklin outside and runs after the girl then he cuts his leg by accident. The movie is just about a family of wackos. I was happy when the movie ended. Now the TCM remake I have yet to see but I hope there are at least real blood and guts massacre scenes so I dont feel jipped.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:06 PM
I Am Male.

Blood and Guts isn't everything, who cares about titles.

Let me tell you my thoughts.

TCM holds the title for being one of the most maddest, and most chaotic films that hits that silver screen we praise so much, it hits the nerves, and oh boy it sure does deliver that spine tingling pain. The music is normal sounds you hear everyday, radiators, and sutff like that. Leatherface swinging his chainsaw around is one of the most memorable scenes in film history. That dinner scene was so mindblowing. It shows the madness, the eyes, the way these people live makes you think...the world is full of these people. The whole film was a jounrey into the mind of a tormented being. It shows you the more darker aspects of the horror film, the more mental apsects, the ones that are buried deep inside your skull. The ones which haunt you like hell.

This film is so advanced of its time. The Texas Chainsaw Massacew fits the bill perfectly. It was a massacre....people getting hit with hammers over the head making their bodies shake from side to side uncontrolably, a girl is put on a hook while still alive later being thrown into a freezer. A guy in a wheelchair gets sliced from the front. A women barely survives by flinging herself on the back of a truck. Hitchhiker gets run over by a truck, the chainsaw you hear buzzing off into the sunset as the sun slowly drifts off, the last thing you hear is this poor human being's screams of horror as she see's in front of her something that you cannot possibly imagine on your own. That sun with those sounds of chainsaws cannot be repeated because it was put in such an exact place that I cannot explain.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Minion

Oh I agree blod and guts arn't everything.

Im just saying while it was a great movie and it was freakish and scary to think like that.

It is not one of the BEST horror movies ever. It is close but the best.

It just could have done alot more.

It was freaky though and I love it but people give it more than enough credit it needs.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I Am Male.

To me it will always be one of the greatest horror films of all time...........

Old 01-23-2005, 03:31 PM
I Am Male.

Also I want you to state your opinions on why its not, I stated mine, I want to hear yours.