Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
definetly an awsome movie. I do think it gets credit for some stuff that it shouldnt (last house on the left gets over shadowed by this movie imo)
Old 07-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Send a message via AIM to thepsychicfetus
TCM was good, at least the first one was. Except for the fact that the original was kinda cheesy. I must say I did like seeing the guy in the wheel chair get killed, I missed that in the new one.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Evil Dead

With both TCM, each has both it's ups-and-downs. The original was directed by Tobe Hooper, a genius of his time. The house was much scarier with the addition of the furniture made out of human bones. However, the editing was terrible. Also the movie just stops. She is in the back of the truck, and the film simply cuts to the credits. The family was much more enjoyable in this one, and it made sense for the sequel. In the new version, the film quality itself was much better obviously up to date film equipment. However, there was no furniture of bones. The family was simply created with no recognition of the brother in the opening. The action and the characters were much more enjoyable, with the absence of the boy in the wheel-chair. The biggest problem with the new version was the fact that they had Leatherface takes off his mask revealing a deformed face.

In the end, both are good and bad. I personally enjoyed the new version much more, but still appreciate the original for what it was for the time it was made.
________
Kawasaki H2

Last edited by thecritic; 01-19-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:04 AM
Scares Little Kids

I rented it a couple of years ago, really exited to see it. I heard people had fainted and that it was the most desturbing movie with the hookscene and so on. But ofcourse they had cut away thet scene along with some other "too" desturbing scenes. Anyway, I'd really like to see the uncut version. Stupid cencur.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
they made a censored version. If you rent it today youd probably never even be able to find the censored version not that youd want to
Old 07-24-2004, 06:49 PM
im screaming out

I love the original its the best i also like number 4 too
Old 08-08-2004, 02:00 PM
BloodyDrake

TCM is one of the subgenre's of Horror..Slasher Films.
One doesn't have to like this type of film to be a fan of Horror.

Honestly its just not one of my favorite Horror movies since i perfer subtly tension building and suspence in my horror or Outright Fantastical horror.

I would agree that TCM is one of the most significant Slasher films of all time Up there with Friday the 13th and Halloween and would never deny its historical significance.

But if you don't like slasher films it certainly doesn't mean your not a fan of the horror genre.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to youshouldvknown Send a message via Yahoo to youshouldvknown
Sally and, even moreso in my opinion, Franklin were memorable characters. After the first time I saw this movie, I was on my way back home and I saw a man in a wheelchair on the side of the road, and I thought to myself "Hey! It's Franklin!" And to this day, that character is still one of the reasons we love to watch TCM. I think the remake was lacking because they didn't have a character quite like him.

Obviously this is my favorite horror film. I think one thing that makes this film great is how low budget and bad the editing is. Also, the unknown actors make the whole thing believable. I couldn't care less if Mary Camden was slaughtered by Leatherface, but Sally was a different story entirely.

Movies like this are my favorite to watch - 70's low budget thrillers like TCM, The Hills Have Eyes, The Last House on the Left, Halloween... They're classics.

Last edited by youshouldvknown; 08-14-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to AlexaVoorhees Send a message via Yahoo to AlexaVoorhees
It's KICKASS one of my fave movies
Blood will spill
Drill the head
Lust for death
Mutilate
Victim's face
Force the drill
In the skull
Psychopath
Now will luagh
It is time
To kill again
Old 08-15-2004, 11:35 AM
im screaming out

Quote:
Originally posted by BloodyDrake
TCM is one of the subgenre's of Horror..Slasher Films.
One doesn't have to like this type of film to be a fan of Horror.

Honestly its just not one of my favorite Horror movies since i perfer subtly tension building and suspence in my horror or Outright Fantastical horror.

I would agree that TCM is one of the most significant Slasher films of all time Up there with Friday the 13th and Halloween and would never deny its historical significance.

But if you don't like slasher films it certainly doesn't mean your not a fan of the horror genre.

OKAY NOOB LET ME EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU YOU MORON TCM IS NOT A SLASHER FILM IT IS A HORROR FILM SLASHER FILMS ARE LIKE NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET WITH TONS OF KILLS AND GALLONS OF BLOOD TCM I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS HARDLY HAS ANY BLOOD AT ALL AND HALLOWEEN IS NOT A SLASHER MOVIE EITHER YOU STUPID ASS NOOB

P.S AND DONT PISS ME OFF OR I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL

Last edited by Chainsaw Guy; 08-15-2004 at 11:37 AM.