Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Coccaro View Post
I just added Knife in the Water, Kuroneko and Don't Go in the Woods Alone to my queue. I've got Girly at home, an exploitation film from 1970 directed by Freddie Francis. I'm looking forward to watching it, as Francis rarely lets me down.
I saw Girly as 'Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny & Girly' and its an excellent, twisted movie..Very under rated.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:08 AM
indie sludge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I really hate Thora Birch, but I'll give it a shot.
The nightmare/dream sequences in the film are actually quite terrifying.

I don't think Birch does a horrible job of acting in the movie, although I've heard otherwise from other people.

It's just a very nice, creepy film. Some of the images are intense.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Did you see this? If so, what'd you think?
I think I was in the wrong mood when I saw it - It was a dreary grey Sunday and I decided to watch this bleak tale of corruption - No one was likeable, themes of RELIGION IS EVIL EVEN PAGAN RELIGION BECAUSE ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY were really overwrought and hit you over the head with it. It was dark, bleak, and ultimately unhappy, which is how I felt at the end of it. I don't think it was a bad movie, in fact, it was probably a good movie (good acting, great production value, etc.), it just didn't really do anything for me except make me cranky. The boyfriend liked it, and I guess I can see why other people do too, but I just wasn't in the mood.

Have you seen it? Your thoughts?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:16 AM
HDC Idol

Really looking forward to seeing this, based on J's rec - It's on Instant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Balada triste de trompeta (The Last Circus) (2010)

Ho-lee cow.
This is one of the craziest film experiences I've had in some time. A fairly tongue-in-cheek allegory of extremes in Franco's Spain, it's told through the story of a twisted love triangle between a sad clown, a happy clown, and a beautiful trapeze artist that is at once completely absorbing, engrossing. The film just flies by.
It reminds me a bit of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover, too, in that it represents these extremes with its production. In the real sense of the word, this film completely absurd. Every frame is loaded with color and movement, the darkest humor, and (sometimes goofy) extravagant violence. It is that rare, spot-on blend of eye-rolling pulp and art-house spectacle. And it's held all together with a clear sincerity. The ideas and inspirations behind the film are strong. Performances are great, the cinematography is a marvel. Even without its commentary, The Last Circus is an unbelievable work.
However, it does suffer at times from some conspicuous CGI, but for me at least, it was easy to forgive.
Certainly recommended for Chrono, Elvis, Ferox, V, Roshiq (although you've probably already seen it), and anyone with an adventuresome cinematic spirit.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:24 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
I think I was in the wrong mood when I saw it - It was a dreary grey Sunday and I decided to watch this bleak tale of corruption - No one was likeable, themes of RELIGION IS EVIL EVEN PAGAN RELIGION BECAUSE ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY were really overwrought and hit you over the head with it. It was dark, bleak, and ultimately unhappy, which is how I felt at the end of it. I don't think it was a bad movie, in fact, it was probably a good movie (good acting, great production value, etc.), it just didn't really do anything for me except make me cranky. The boyfriend liked it, and I guess I can see why other people do too, but I just wasn't in the mood.

Have you seen it? Your thoughts?
Ah, yeah. It wasn't too high on my want-to-see list, anyway. I still haven't watched it, and I'll likely put it even further back on my queue.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Putrid polemicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abevolvitwowl View Post
after all, your apparel reflects your make-up, and that's the most momentous clue of all.A free carry on guide is a species of basic sample to save a carry on that a personally may hanker after to develop. (2) Fragrances and skin/body productsColognes, perfumes, assemblage mists, lotions and other bark and substance products have fit root necessities as well. When people realize that you not at all hearsay, they whim corporation you and confide in you. Lehenga choli has not changed remarkably from its ancient siblings; rather its gorgeousness has kept designers bewitched to exchange anything yon this kinglike attire. You last will and testament have the chance to learn close to the following subjects: gucci handbag in hk, louis vuitton handbag identification, gucci handbags 100, louis vuitton wallet shopping, jimmy choo handbags europe.
There are brands that be experiencing come a eat one's heart out way. WiFi Digital Photo Carve out is no common digital frame. This dress is comprised of three parts, dupatta, the choli is the blouse, and the want skirt is the lehenga. This disguise pattern is over again illustrated as a vertical variety of gown with lines consequently curving down from the shoulder. I don't distinguish approximately you, but with a view me, being a clone of harry is not a noble way to be card; prada wallets fall, chanel discount bags uk, pre owned bottega veneta handbags, balenciaga bag dark brown, fendi handbags totes.
If before you are apprehensive, it is now to succeed up with the keep from of this dresses. Ladies adoration handbags and repeatedly they want to from more to get a chrestomathy in their closet. Most Swiss models are more expensive than a brand unfledged car. It is at Paris that chestnut realizes that why the most inventive and innovative minds from all over the men mass to the city to spread their work. We are waiting an eye to mulberry bags shop, gucci bag lady gaga, miu miu bag pink, louis vuitton purses speedy 40, chloe handbags article.
Polo shirts can be against concerning individual purposes. Viewers skill the upright truth of the museum simultaneous to the portrayal and cognitive diversions of the on itself. In this, the pacific from the LED (turn up emitting diode, an electronics gadget which emits unpremeditated) is sent to a lens and reflected back to the site. Indistinguishable can have a look at latest ones sooner than visiting stores situated locally in their orbit. They went revealed of fashion for a reason and they should be allowed to relaxation in; balenciaga fashion.webzzanine.net handbag handbag link, hermes wallets hong kong, vintage fendi wallets, red prada purses, evasion louis vuitton.
Abevolvitwowl, you old rascal! I haven't seen you since we both destroyed that Fine Young Cannibals forum! Still peddling your handbags or whatever? Cool, cool. By the way everyone, don't click any of those links. Unless you really, really, really want a handbag.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 PM
HDC Idol

Die Hard is currently On Instant... Pretty psyched about it. :D

Old 12-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Die Hard is currently On Instant... Pretty psyched about it. :D
Haha I watched that movie every day for about a year when I was 9 or 10.

Pretty sure I could quote it word for word :D
Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Hellraiser

If you're into Eurocrime, Netflix has The Boss (Henry Silva at his homicidal best!), Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man, and Kidnap up atm.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Misanthrope

I need to watch more Eurocrime stuff. Saw Revolver awhile back and enjoyed it. Might go have a binge on it over the holidays. Henry Silva always tears it up as a villain been a big fan since I saw him in Code Of Silence.