Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Evil Dead

!!!HALLOWEEN HORROR MONTH!!!

Baskin (2015)
I.M.D.B.
A squad of unsuspecting cops goes through a trapdoor to Hell when they stumble upon a Black Mass in an abandoned building.

Wow, what a delightfully disturbing film from Turkey! Violent and unnerving, with good characters that are sold with great acting and great dialogue. Very well made, twisted and depraved, this was a brilliant little gem of a horror movie. Recommended!
8.5/10

FEATURING HORROR HOTTIE
Uhm....this chick?
Old 10-09-2016, 12:14 AM
Hellraiser

Finally watched "The Witch" and totally loved it. Ordered it on Amazon the next day. Fantastic movie with an amazing score.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:49 AM
病気の

All Through The House, 2015. 7/10

Old 10-09-2016, 05:52 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post

Baskin (2015)
I.M.D.B.
A squad of unsuspecting cops goes through a trapdoor to Hell when they stumble upon a Black Mass in an abandoned building.

Wow, what a delightfully disturbing film from Turkey! Violent and unnerving, with good characters that are sold with great acting and great dialogue. Very well made, twisted and depraved, this was a brilliant little gem of a horror movie. Recommended!
8.5/10

FEATURING HORROR HOTTIE
Uhm....this chick?
I wasn't a fan of this one. It had a great build up but then just fell apart at the end when it turned into just your average horror movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanah View Post
Finally watched "The Witch" and totally loved it. Ordered it on Amazon the next day. Fantastic movie with an amazing score.
Love that movie, just rewatched it recently

Old 10-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Evil Dead

Old 10-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Evil Dead

Ghostbusters 2016

4/10

Not a great film, but all the assholes online who went on about how its a travesty and ruining their childhood...I don't see what the problem is.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:37 PM
病気の

The Man From Nowhere, 2010. 10/10

Thumb resize.

God, I fucking love this film so much..

London Has Fallen, 2016. 6/10

Boring but pretty brutal in parts.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Immortal horror fan

Primeval -

I always like a crazy, big animal movie. Few are good. King Kong probably being at or near the top, with the stuff on Syfy being at the bottom. But even those Syfy ones are fun at times with the poor CGI, exotic locations, and girls in bikinis.

Primeval was released in theaters so it's more serious than a Syfy animal movie. They try to have a relevant background story as well with the events happening at the time in Africa. A plus is that I've always found Africa kind of untapped for horror movies. It always comes off to me as an undiscovered and hazardous country with the jungles and various animals roaming about. I'm sure a lot of scary bugs and spiders are there. Someone could make a good movie like Arachnophobia but just starting in Africa.

Anyway, I liked this one. The cast is fine. And the large crocodile and the way it goes about it's business is crazy. There are a few really good shots of it chasing down people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Fender Bender, 2016. 5,5/10

These shots are good enough for me to add it to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Ghostbusters 2016

4/10

Not a great film, but all the assholes online who went on about how its a travesty and ruining their childhood...I don't see what the problem is.
I can't wait to see this movie. I'm sure it's funny going by the cast. I love the original movie. It's perfect and a classic. The second one is just ok.

I think the people that were against the movie from the beginning without even seeing it were a type that have sprung up in recent years. I wish they would go away. Even if the movie is bad, female Ghostbusters hurt no one.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:50 AM
Evil Dead

Horsehead (2014)
I.M.D.B.
Since her childhood, Jessica has been haunted by recurrent nightmares whose meaning escapes her. This peculiarity has led her to study the psychophysiology of dreams and to follow a therapy with Sean, her mentor and boyfriend, to try and understand the origin of her nightmares.

A trippy movie with a bizarre concept (supernatural time travelling lucid dreaming?). It was well made, with a pretty good representation of dreaming and some interesting imagery and colours. Just don't think for one second that this will have anything to do with actual lucid dreaming. A tough one to recommend, but I enjoyed it, and it is well made. But more style than substance.
7/10

FEATURING HORROR HOTTIE
Lilly-Fleur Pointeaux

Last edited by Smeg Head1; 10-10-2016 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 AM
Pirate of Bengal

HoneyBee (2016)

>>: C

Ice Age: Collision Course (2016)

>>: C+

Tags
movie