Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Ninja Pirate..Hiiiyamatey

Pulse-the subtitled version. I liked the movie, but really didn't care for the ending and was frustrated by the fact that the offered explanation didn't fit with the story. One of the single greatest ghost sequences ever, though (the woman in the black dress with the couch scene). The Hiroshima/Nagasaki imagery was very interesting and the subtext had an interesting point. I'm curious if this was the first asian film to really begin to deal with how technology isolates us. It's such a huge theme in alot of later stuff.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Evil Puppy

Dead or Alive 2: Birds

Nothing like the first one, almost frolicking at points. Decent enough but it wasn't what I was expecting. There's only a tiny bit of Miike's trademark nastiness in this one which, because of the story, is probably a good thing.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
please watch it again there is so much going on its hard to get the first time :)

******SPOILER WARNING********

I'm pretty sure I have it all, but the offered explanation for the ghosts not wanting to make more ghosts by making people immortal by locking them in their own loneliness doesn't make sense when all of the people they have contact with either commit suicide (hanging, blowing their brains out) or fade into the wall, thereby becoming ghosts themselves. I got the whole zietgiest of the loneliness in both the ghost and human worlds and the isolation which is being hurried by technology which gives us false interaction that doesn't really touch us in the same way. I even got the moral of the gal running from interaction when it's offered to her and running back into the loneliness she fears so much. The background history of the Hiroshima/Nagasaki deaths and the emptiness of Tokyo, the most populace city in the world was interesting...the whole alone in a sea of people thing. I just think they missed the boat with the explanation and the ending just left me feeling like it was trite. I still liked it and thought it was very interesting and thought provoking, it just it could have been so much more.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Evil Puppy

Sister Street Fighter

Hiiiiiiiiiiiya!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
:( :( ...................

I told you not to take it personal, Dave. :mad:

Now DIIIE!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Evil Dead

just watched koma. 8/10. very good movie. almost like an italian giallo without a serial killer. nice twist, but i don't want to give anything away. i can usually judge a movie's quality, not by how much i think about it immediately afterwards, but by how much it enters my thoughts in the following days. i have a feeling that i may still be thinking about this one for a while. it stirred up similar emotions to session 9 and a tale of two sisters. i found all three totally unpredictable, which is unusual for a plot twist based movie
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-26-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
um...yes well um ok ...yes i like asian horror too :)

LMAO!! Sorry Dave, did I take you too literally? I know alot of people lose the thread completely on asian horror films and keep wandering around asking, what was that supposed to be?!? I get them...well, most of the time. I just didn't want you to think I was doing the generically confused by J horror thing..lol.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Evil Dead

Ong-Bak.
Caught this flick last night,Breathtaking stuff!i loved the on foot chase through the streets,an adrenline pumping ride of a movie 8/10.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:59 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP McCoy View Post
Ong-Bak.
Caught this flick last night,Breathtaking stuff!i loved the on foot chase through the streets,an adrenline pumping ride of a movie 8/10.

Next up:

Tom yum goong

;)
Old 03-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Next up:

Tom yum goong

;)
After seeing Ong-Bak i will definately have to catch the sequel!