Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Freddy V's Jason
Freddy 20 54.05%
Jason 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
hahahaha... I think you just made my morning. And I haven't even had coffee yet.

You are making a semantic argument and both "insults" were feigning ignorance by blatantly ignoring the intent of the initial statement, though using different means ("insults" being in quotation marks as neither of them were particularly effective, yours or Disease's).

But I don't think that it even matters. This thread has gotten WAY off topic.

I actually think that you made an interesting analysis here:

However, just because someone on this forum disagrees with your film analysis, doesn't mean that you should be an asshole, i.e.:

If the purpose of your joining this thread is to argue that Freddy Vs. Jason only happens on the plane of Jason's Hell, then do it. That's interesting and well thought-out. Let's go back there. And stop being a douche about it.

If Freddy Vs. Jason is Jason's Hell... Does that mean that killing for him is eternal suffering? And his mom is a sort of surrogate Devil that he serves? Or is she just a manifestation of the Devil (if there is a Devil that presides over Hell)?
I didn't say that in reference to him disagreeing, I said it in reference to the logic he was using. Ignoring central and shaping events in a character's cannonical history is stupid. Slash Writers stupid.

Anyways, killing isn't necessarily the suffering for Jason, it's the manipulation and powerlessness. His mother is the motivation for his actions. Take away that, then there's no reason for him to be doing it. And just because he kills for one reason doesn't necessarily mean he's gung-ho to do some twat's dirty work.

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE