Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to lyricist
well it makes perfect sense for them to change it cuz the google thing is very much real
Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
whatever gets you through

aren't they doing another hellraiser as well? i guess that leaves pumpkin head -- or maybe they'll go back to the universal classics - now that wolfman is being remade
Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
This really sucks. I feel like there are plenty enough movies being remade this year so why does everybody keep following the trend? I would be wanting to make my own awesome movie. One or two are whatever...but how many are there now? Really?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 AM
For Vendetta

Following months of speculation, New Line and Platinum Dunes have announced the director for their forthcoming Nightmare on Elm Street reboot, and rather than going for a famous name, they've instead plumped for a first-timer - Samuel Bayer.

The choice would seem to be a logical one however, as Bayer is a critically acclaimed music video director, crafting clips for the likes of Green Day, The Strokes and Marilyn Manson as well as Nirvana's iconic Smells Like Teen Spirit vid (in which the janitor always reminded a little of Freddy Krueger).

Platinum Dunes has apparently been courting Bayer for years, and according to The Hollywood Reporter, gave him Elm Street gig because they believed he could give the franchise the 'fresh visual look' it requires.

The hunt is now on for an actor to play child murderer Freddy. According to IGN's exclusive video interview with producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, original star Robert Englund has already turned down the part.

As the franchise will live or die on the strength of that central performance, the choice will therefore be a big one for the franchise.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
For Vendetta

Just in time to slaughter the Easter Bunny, Warner Bros. and New Line have announced that Freddy Krueger will return to screens on April 16, 2010 in the Platinum Dunes remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Scripted by Wesley Strick and directed by acclaimed music video director Samuel Bayer, the film reincarnation of the infamous razor-gloved dream-demon will be brought to life by makeup FX artist Andrew Clement, whose credits include work on Cloverfield, Spider-Man 3 and the J.J. Abrams' helmed Star Trek redux.

Just how Clement will re-imagine the classic killer remains to be seen, but there's little doubt that much of the success or failure of the character's eventual re-emergence will lie with him.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
aren't they doing another hellraiser as well? i guess that leaves pumpkin head -- or maybe they'll go back to the universal classics - now that wolfman is being remade
From Beyond, I'm still waiting for that remake...oh, nope, already done. Nevermind, I guess all that's left is Pumkin Head and Leprechaun.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 AM
mnemonic

I'm actually up for this idea in a sense because I think all the other Nightmare On Elm Street movies are highly overrated and I would like to see a different take on the whole series. I think the idea is very creepy and very cool, however, Freddy is just NOT scary. A horror icon that makes jokes and punch lines before or during the slashing of a victim is just retarded and not scary at all. I think the first one was the only one that was decent but these movies are ridiculous and it still blows me away how Wes Craven is pretty much recognized as an icon for directing horror films. His movies are poorly written and directed. His ideas and motives are legit, but his directing and writing is not that great but yet people love him.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
whatever gets you through

i think jim carrey should play freddy krueger
Old 03-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
i think jim carrey should play freddy krueger

Why stop at Jim Carrey? Will Ferrel would be an even less appropriate choice! :D

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
I think Zero might be onto something there, Jim Carrey could make an awesome Freddie.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell