Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Evil Dead

Masters Of Horror: Imprint

This may contain spoilers.

Hey guys. Has any of you watched the Masters Of Horror episode Imprint?

I had my chance to do last night. The first 45 minutes were great, and Takashi really nailed it on this one. Creepy scenes, great atmosphere. That whole abortion plot had my girlfriend hiding her eyes behind a pillow. And the torture scene was creepy as hell too. But then, this excellent little horror "movie" turns weird. What was up with the end twist? Cool, she's schizophrenic. I could have lived with that. But that whole Sister-in-shape-of-hand-wanting-jade-rings inside her head - why? The movie had been so sad and brutal, and now suddenly it turns into something, that looks 20 years old.
I should probably view this one again, as I seemed to have missed alot of important plot points. Was that girl really Komomo, or why did he end up having shot her?

Any thoughts on this one from you guys?
Old 02-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I liked it, i think its the only masters of horror movie ive seen. Im not really sure what i thought of the end...dont know if i liked it or not.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
It's been a while since I've seen this movie, though it was a very memorable story. The whole story evolved again and again in darker directions, and I was happy with how it ended- no spoilers from me. As far as why was it such a strange ending? It helps the story stand out, being based on a popular manga, the twisted ending was not suprising. Not to mention the whole movie was totaly effed up, how you not expect some crazy ending? It was a good movie, not great, but definetely worth watching a second time.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Misanthrope

This was the most twisted MoH and my favorite episode apart from Cigarette Burns.

It was good to see Billy Dargo back on the screen.