Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ShamSham04
Out Of The Night, And Into The Day...

I'm talking about the two classic zombie flicks Night Of The Living Dead and Day Of The Dead, from horror director George A. Romero.

Now, I just wanna say some things about them. The first time I watched "Night", I didn't enjoy. Then again, I was only like nine or ten, but still, the point is that I didn't like. So four years later, I decide to watch it again since the only scenes I remember were the opening and end sequences. I was blown away. The movie literally was jaw-dropping, and I couldn't believe how great this movie was. I instantly fell in love with it. I couldn't and still can't imagine how audiences reacted when it first was released. The acting, the script, the directing, the action...I just couldn't say enough about it.

9 Out Of 10

About a week ago, I went to Sam Goody looking for the hit zombie film Day Of The Dead, the third installment to the "Dead" trilogy. I had low expectations of finding it, when suddenly, my eye spotted it behind a few crappy movies. I immediately grabbed it, ignored the thirty dollar price tag at the time, and ran to the register with my mom. Went home watched it, and was blown away with this film as well. Freaking a, this movie had a great script. The directing was just as great too. I couldn't say enough about Romero, that freaking genius... So anyway, I fell in love with this movie too. The gore, the acting, the script, the directing, Bub in his own seperate category... agh, it was great. This has become one of my favorite zombie flicks aside from "Night".

I still need to see "Dawn", and I have a feeling I'm gonna love it.

So what are your opinions on the "Dead" trilogy? :)

"Television has brought murder back into the home - where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock