Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 11-08-2020, 01:00 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
There's a new movie coming, a CGI series coming, and a live action series coming, besides the next video game. So there's life in the old zombie dog yet!
Yeah I've heard of something of a reboot movie?
I'm hoping, all new.
Honestly, the series of films...and I don't even think I got to the last one (I've seen the one that ended on the big boat, and the one after?) was basically a stupid shitshow after what I always thought was a relatively strong start.
Too many.
So yeah, something fresh and seperate wouldn't hurt.

As for the animated series, yeah I'd check that out.
I mean, Degeneration I think is the best RE "movie" I've seen, though I don't think I saw either of the two that followed it.

With the games...At this stage I think they need to kind of reboot that too.
Lose the numbers. Lose the remakes. Subtitle them all. Do each installment differently like (most of) the FF series, or Quake.
Though looking at it, it seems as though between 7 and 8, that may be just what they're doing.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:20 PM
Immortal horror fan

I remember hearing that the new movies would be closer to the games. I haven't got into the movies at all. I watched some of the first one. Like barely 20 minutes or so. I didn't like it because it was so different from the game. But I do want to give the series at try. I remember seeing a good trailer for I think the third or fourth one with the blonde actress from Final Destination. And they had a big monster with a hammer or some kind of weapon.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 11-09-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:19 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I remember hearing that the new movies would be closer to the games. I haven't got into the movies at all. I watched some of the first one. Like barely 20 minutes or so. I didn't like it because it was so different from the game. But I do want to give the series at try. I remember seeing a good trailer for I think the third or fourth one with the blonde actress from Final Destination. And they had a big monster with a hammer or some kind of weapon.
If you didn't like the first 20 minutes you will absolutely hate the rest.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:00 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

I guess we'll see haha, none of the movies ever felt like the games to me.

I wouldlove to see Lisa Trevor, she would be great in a horror film , or maybe a movie dedicated strictly to her, and the woods sorrounding the mansion, story behind it.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Evil Dead

Lightbulb

I think with Capcom, they copy far too much. Also, they bank off of nostalgia way too much as well.

Raccoon City was destroyed in the original Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, released as far back as 1999. Since then, they have done the bare minimum when it comes to moving the franchise forward. RE4 etc basically got on the action shooter hype train, while the second "Revelations" was their low and behold answer to "The Last of Us" (of which it copies virtually everything from that game). Then with P.T. and Outlast and similar indie horror games on Steam being popular, they copied that sub-genre with 7: Biohazard. Plus, there was the whole #FuckKonami thing going on in 2015 too.

We already had retellings of RE0, 1, 2 and 3 plus CVX, with the "Chronicles" games. However, some parts of those games feel silly, inaccurate and downright insulting to the legacy of the games they are copying. For example, they are designed as arcade shooters, so they are exactly that. Arcade shooters. They are not survival horror games. The "Outbreak" games, "Operation Raccoon City" and "Umbrella Corps" all venture into Raccoon City. Again, why even bother? Keep in mind, that some games are not actually canonical anyway. This hereby feels relatively pointless in of itself.

Now with the next movie and live action Netflix series, they can once again milk 1998 (because that's the era when the series was at its best). But is this helpful to the future of the franchise? Well, to me, it may seem mildly interesting if you're a fanboy that gets excited whenever anything to do with the series is mentioned online, but it's not actually really new, per se. They're just covering a time period that, to me at least, should be more or less done and dusted.

Why not do a game in Australia? You know? There's a future out there where Capcom could take the lore somewhere we've not had featured before. Capcom just needs to drop 1998 and can it with these garbage remakes. Remakes are not canonical either. The originals are the games that count as the canonical games, while the first remake in 2002 is canonical, because Lisa Trevor was killed by Wesker when the mansion was minutes away from blowing up.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
If you didn't like the first 20 minutes you will absolutely hate the rest.
Out of six movies one of them has to be good.

Here is that trailer I mentioned. It's from Part 4.

At 1:13 the guy with the hammer comes out.

I'm probably one of the few people that like Ultraviolet with Milla Jovovich. So I'm hoping Part 4 is good because that's a wild trailer.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:12 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Out of six movies one of them has to be good.

Here is that trailer I mentioned. It's from Part 4.

At 1:13 the guy with the hammer comes out.

I'm probably one of the few people that like Ultraviolet with Milla Jovovich. So I'm hoping Part 4 is good because that's a wild trailer.
I’ll take my last comment back then. If you love to see Marvel characters in a resident evil movie you will love the entire franchise.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:21 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I’ll take my last comment back then. If you love to see Marvel characters in a resident evil movie you will love the entire franchise.
Marvel characters? I guess you are saying it's more cartoonish than serious horror. I believe the first Resident Evil was inspired by those old horror movies like Night of the Living Dead. I believe the house design in places is almost identical to the design in the 1990 remake's house.

I did take a peek at the scene in Part 4 with the hammer guy on youtube and it does look like something out of a Marvel movie with the characters jumping around. But the last Resident Evil CG cartoon I watched was like that as well I think. I remember Leon jumping an absurd distance.

I don't think I posted this here. I know I did during the October topic on HorrorDVDs. But I'm going to watch this soon. It's two parts.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 11-11-2020 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

Huh?

A release date would've been nice, Capcom.