Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 AM
That fucking Guy...

I just read through my collection of "Alex + Ada" which was done by one of the Luna Brothers (Girls, The Sword).
I liked it. Maybe not as much as the other titles they've done, but it retained the interest, and it was pretty heartfelt.
I enjoy the simplistic art style, and each time they manage to immerse the reader in their tale/reality.
I'd recommend any of their work really.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

I picked up Death Head #1 on a whim because I liked the cover and thought it was pretty interesting. It involves multiple sets of characters in different settings; a husband and wife couple hiking in the woods come across and eerie abandoned town not on their map; a boy is forced into the sewers by bullies and a rebellious girl at a boarding school. Really curious to where its going and how the characters will interconnect if at all.

Thumb resize.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Little Boo

wytches.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:27 AM
A VERY OLD BROAD

Blackhawk # 27 and #33.

These are Golden Age comics from the 1940's. Got them in fairly good condition at a reasonable price.

Being 73, I remember best the 1950's Blackhawks, but still have interest in the 40's and 30's as well.

HELL IN A DRESS!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Immortal horror fan

Not reading it yet but there is supposed to be a Trick r Treat comic coming out in October. I read about it last week.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Evil Dead

CHAMBER OF CHILLS Vol 4-Good 1950's pre code Horror commix-not as good as EC, but really not bad at all, although I recognized a few of the stories that were re-used in the Eerie publication mags.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Fear scented candle

I regularly read Swords of Sorrow, Secret Wars, MODOK Assassin and Carol Corps

I was reading Captain Marvel and Silk pretty regularly but they're done for now...
Old 10-25-2015, 01:46 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Secret Wars, MODOK Assassin and Carol Corps
I haven't read any of those...though kind of collected downloaded copies...which I might browse through.
I have to say, I'm getting really, REALLY sick of events.
Now what, they're going to do a "new 52" type thing and combine the ultimate and regular marvel universes?
Too much bullshit to keep up with - this crossover event is ridiculously stupid-large.
I mean back in the day, a crossover would be a standalone comic of around 12-14 issues.
Nothing else would get drawn into it, it was an event on its own.
It's just annoying now.

Lately, I've had a look at the first three issues of "Batman & Robin Eternal".
Like Batman Eternal before it, I find myself nearly immediately more enthralled than the other core titles running at the moment (Robo-Bat...no...), I just find everything better from the characters new and returning, the backtracking into the unknown past, the overall contained storyline.
I'm looking forward to reading more.

While on the Batman stuff...I find the "new" Bruce Wayne kind of interesting...I mean we all know what's going to happen...just a matter of when.

Also read the latest issue of Invincible, Robert Kirkmans "other" title.
This comic has been overall consistant, but goes off on a few too many tangents for my liking. It's always remained, for the better part, a good read.
This latest issue was the first part of a storyline called "Reboot?", that starts with the main character experiencing an event, then "waking up" to roughly the same time as the first issue of the comic, that is, 120+ issues ago - which is around a decade of progress.
As he only got his powers in the first issue, he has none of his existing alliances and knows things that he "shouldn't" so the dynamic between himself and his former friends and enemies is going to be quite interesting.
...This is one that will really pay off for the long term readers.
Not sure about new readers. Maybe?
Old 10-25-2015, 03:07 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Monster Con was my hero for comics<33

I have the complete collection of Werewolf by Night and Man Wolf by Marvel. Been binge reading Man Wolf, I'll start over on Werewolf by Night when I'm done with that. Also got The Incredible Hulk collection, and a few miscellaneous monster comics with the werewolf ones.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Banned

I usually don't read the comics I get because I am afraid of fucking them up but my last purchases were Shadow Of The Batman #1 and 2 from 185 and both are near mint. I also recently ordered Spawn #9 which is one of the more valuable books in the earlier part of the series. I want Shadow Of The Batman 3 4 and 5 to complete the run and I want Spawn 6 7 and 8 to connect my first 5 with 9.

Last edited by Morningriser; 10-25-2015 at 03:36 PM.