Old 03-29-2019, 02:49 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I haven't seen it, but I watch some of the video and I'm not sure it's something I would be into or not. Next time I get Netflix back for a month or two I will give it a chance though.
It's more adult, adding romantic relations as a part of it, and the plot is more complex especially as they relate to relationships. It's no mystery why the Avengers movie made the relationships compelling.

Apparently you can watch this Gifted series on youtube, that was the link. Each ep is short, like 10 mins or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Yeah, the kind of motion comic one?
I'd love to see so many more arcs make it via this format when they don't make it to series/movies.
The comic run (and show) were really some of the best x-men stuff in years. Now I can barely ready the 50 fucking x titles. I liked that this one stood on it's own.
Since I enjoyed Gifted, I'll have to see if I saw the other three series or not, maybe on youtube.

Did you ever see Ironman: Extremis? I saw it on netflix or hulu, which has this same motion comic and adult graphic novel style, but not from Whedon. It was interesting, but seemed a bit nihilistically gritty, where I was beginning to not care where it was going. I liked Gifted much better.

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-29-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:07 PM
Banned

Aside from X-Men, I've never really been a big fan of animated Marvel movies or serieses. I have always been more of a DC fan as far as that goes. Although I think it's strange that they added prologue to the story, I thought the Killing Joke movie was great! I also like a lot of the Justice League animated movies and even justice league dark was fucking awesome!
Old 03-29-2019, 03:56 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Aside from X-Men, I've never really been a big fan of animated Marvel movies or serieses. I have always been more of a DC fan as far as that goes. Although I think it's strange that they added prologue to the story, I thought the Killing Joke movie was great! I also like a lot of the Justice League animated movies and even justice league dark was fucking awesome!
Flash is my fav hero, always like Man-thing, I liked The Flashpoint Paradox movie, and I think Superman 78 is the best SH film, but I prefer Marvel. What was that recent animated Justice League movie where Batman kept on his computer a way to kill all the other Justice League members?

I liked the 70's Super Friends cartoon, and Batman is one of the best SH ever created, but I'm not a fan of any of the new live-action DC films so far.

Never heard of killing joke, but I read it was a good graphic novel, but poorly received movie 39% RT.

Whats the general gist of the justice league dark? I'm kinda burnt out on this stuff.

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-29-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Banned

That was Justice League Doom. That was a pretty good one. As far as the live-action movies go, the old school Superman movies with Christopher Reeve we're all right but kind of cheesy and a way. My favorite superhero was always Batman and Batman 89 is one of my favorites oh, but the Dark Knight trilogy, especially the Dark Knight was great as well! As for these newer DC movies, I just can't get into them. Man of Steel is all right and I actually loved Batman versus Superman, despite all that hate it gets, but Justice League was a complete let down and I felt like all the years I waited for that movie to come out, it was a disaster. I haven't even bothered with Aquaman because I picture at being boring and bland as hell.

Justice league dark is a whole other branch of the Justice League. It consists of Constantine, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and others. They deal with the more Supernatural and the likes. Batman put them together because he has very weird conflictions about the existence of demons and spirits and anything's that justice league dark wood handle. They all live in a house together kind of like Professor X's mansion. The house is actually alive and can think for itself and shapeshift and even teleport. It's really interesting and something different. It also has a lot of horror elements as well.

Last edited by Morningriser; 03-29-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:54 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
DC is miles ahead with their animated features.
I particularly liked "under the red hood"...in fact I think that's one of the best Batman movies hands down...
"Justice League - New Frontier" was very cool to see in modern animation, and The flashpoint paradox one, and Superman Unbound (if that was the Braniac one) was cool too.
I've yet to watch the batman samurai one or gotham by gaslight, but I'll likely be grabbing those.

Yknow what I'd love to see them do though?
The 2003 series of the "Dial H for HERO" property, "H.E.R.O".
Ridiculous concept spawned from a fan competition of all things in its original iteration...but, this comic? Amazing. Super dark stuff...and barely touched the rest of the DCU, great self contained story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2513322-01.jpg (30.1 KB, 0 views)