Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
A Child's Game (2001)

The story of Marianne and Jacques who are a young middle-class couple lives in a Parisian apartment with their two young children. One day, Marianne receives an unexpected visit from two strangers, Mr. and Mrs Worms, who claim to have lived in the apartment when they were children and who ask if they can just take a look around their former home. Marianne agrees, but no sooner have the mysterious Worms left than things take an inexplicable turn for the worse. The two children appear to be behaving very oddly, Marianne is cautioned for shop-lifting, and Jacques has a nervous breakdown at office...and there is worse to come.

A bit weird & atmospheric French Horror, not bad.

>>: B-
Sounds interesting, will have to track it down, after I finish watching Martyrs.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Bad Natured

Run Lola Run (1998).This one is all about decisions and consequences. A fast paced, MTVesque thriller that uses every trick in the book to tell a 20 minute story in about an hour and a half. And it does so with authority. Run Lola Run is a brilliant little gem that continually threatens to run foul yet stays its course. As per the title, there is a whole lot of running involved, but this is handled effectively and does not become tiresome. That Lola is a treat to watch running is pleasant in and of itself. The story itself was simple yet convoluted. The acting was solid. The editing was courageous and the direction was great. Overall a great watch. Ashe.

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:05 AM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
That was actually a good movie, there was talk for a while of making an American remake, I am glad that never happened!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
mostly ghostly?

Jennifer's Body (2009)

Okay...I liked this. More than Juno, for sure. Diablo Cody's hyper-pop dialogue is only tolerable in a movie like this, something totally tongue-in-cheek. This was definitely a goofy homage to 70s & 80s gorefests like The Evil Dead and so on, and I really enjoyed it as that. She needs to either keep making movies like this, where everything is exaggerated along with her pop-lingo and quick-witted characters, or drop that schtick entirely.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Evil Dead

The Strangers

This was initially promising,the build up of tension was well executed,but the final third lacked impact.

6/10
Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Daybreakers....I enjoyed it ok
Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
District 9
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie359 View Post
Dalton is nice until it is time to not be nice.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Midnight toker

My Name Is Bruce: First watch. Pretty much what I expected, hoped for more but can't say I was expecting a classic so not really disappointed.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
For Vendetta