Old 06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Evil is Better

So i just finished watching this and man what an amazing movie. Something i focus on a lot and is very important to me in movies are the characters and as you can probably tell by my name, i love villains. Well this movie had a great villain in Kyung-Chul. Smart, sick and twisted. A great performance from Min-Sik Choi.

The "hero" of the movie Soo-hyeon was equally amazing and an evenly matched opponent for the seemingly unbeatable Kyung-Chul. Excellent performance from Byung-hun Lee.

It might have been long but i was so immersed in it that it didnt feel long at all to me and it didnt drag on. I definitely recommend.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Evil Dead

For me Min-Sik Choi is one of the greatest actors i have ever seen.Everything he does is pure class.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Love is like dying

i got this on dvd, and it is one heck of a movie.check chaser out if you like these kind of movies :D
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM
HDC Idol

FINALLY got around to watching this movie and... Wow.

To say that I was impressed - To say that my jaw dropped a few times - To say that that held some of the some of the best performances that I've ever seen... All understatements.

As it's been mentioned, part of what makes this movie so incredibly powerful are the intense and gripping performances by Min-sik Choi (absolutely chilling) and Byung-hun Lee (agonizingly biting) - I was particularly impressed with the latter, who shines as the haunted victim, resolute on revenge. His fierce and unblinking demeanor was horrifying as he descends into tragic anti-hero-dom.

In terms of direction, each scene was filmed with deliberate ease. The writing and the story and the ending - oh God the superlative ending - All well done. This tale unravels slowly, with delightfully shocking peaks and climaxes until the pinnacle scene of perfect vengeance... My jaw did truly drop a few times... Great suspense and action interlaced with poetic tragic drama - Definitely an epic Korean Revenge flick, up there with The Vengeance Trilogy, though less playful.

Fantastic film - HIGHLY recommended.

5/5.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Living Dead

Pretty decent film, but I wouldn't say it was his best (director or either actors).

Oldboy was awesome, bittersweet life was incredible.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM
"Wrong one, bitch!"

One of my all time favorite movies, ever. This movie is simply amazing and I love everything about it.

The Chaser and the Vengeance trilogy are on my watchlist, aside from Oldboy.. which wasn't as good as ISTD but still a solid flick. The twist was disgusting and frankly I don't understand why it's that highly rated on IMDb... makes me think most people are, deep down, really messed up. The twist kind of killed the overall movie, but still, an enjoyable watch.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:54 AM
Evil Dead

Korea had been delivering some fantastic movies the last ten years, and this is certainly one of them. Loved it.