Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
As Above So Below....I liked it. Lotsa weird spooky things goin' on, good blood and bones...
I really liked that one too
Old 08-02-2015, 06:09 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Hmm. I turned it off after 10-15 minutes.
The movie was barely started or the characters already made a couple of stupid decisions. After that I fast forwarded for about an hour and saw that it was too much drama for my taste.

I lasted alittle longer than you, but ended up turning it off. It had some beautiful screen shots and the snowy backgrounds were awesome but this film was CGIed all over the place...ewwww. Make a movie, use real scenery. The little girl was awesome and creatures okay...but that couldn't hold me to this.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I think I liked it a little more than you did, Boss. Maybe I'd give it a 6.5? It's definitely not loaded with action but I loved the performances, especially from Steven Rea and Jeffrey DeMunn. As a period piece, and viewed as a drama/police procedural, I think it entertains.

It was nice to be reminded of this movie, man. Thanks, I'm probably going to toss it in the player this evening.
Welcome. : ) Yeah 5.5. The acting wasn't anything special except for Citizen X. The sets were also meh. The 'bad guys' were cut outs with no depth. Some of the scenes were too convenient and over done. So yeah 5.5. Suck it. ;)
Old 08-03-2015, 03:13 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Welcome. : ) Yeah 5.5. The acting wasn't anything special except for Citizen X. The sets were also meh. The 'bad guys' were cut outs with no depth. Some of the scenes were too convenient and over done. So yeah 5.5. Suck it. ;)
Well, I'll accept your opinion out of respect, but there's no way I'm gonna suck it.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Yes, that's pretty much right. But that's not a twist, it's just the entire story.
I thought that would be the surprise twist part. If they find that out early on or the audience is aware I guess it's not a twist. Oh well. I'll probably forget about that by the time I get to see the movie anyway.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
I lasted alittle longer than you, but ended up turning it off. It had some beautiful screen shots and the snowy backgrounds were awesome but this film was CGIed all over the place...ewwww. Make a movie, use real scenery. The little girl was awesome and creatures okay...but that couldn't hold me to this.

Odd... I expected most of you to like this one. So far it doesn't look too promising. No siree..
Old 08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Evil Dead

I love all the Hellraiser movies, except the third which I just enjoyed. Oh and maybe another one needs a rewatch to make sure.

ANYWAY

I tried watching Levithan: The Story of Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II.

I made 28 minutes of the 4 and a half hours. The opening credits sequence is laughable. You get to watch people go on about how great it was making the films and verbally masturbating about how Clive Barker is a genius. Which is fine, but it does not make for interesting viewing. Everyone had fun, everyone loved the experience, Clive's a great pal and genius. Yay.

I just couldn't take anymore. I tried skipping ahead at various points, more of the same.

As far as I could tell Clive Barker was not interviewed at all for this. There's a second part, an additional DVD, but I haven't watched that.

2/10. 2 because its Hellrasier related, otherwise it'd be a one.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Evil Dead

Untraceable (2008)

I love me a good crime movie, so I'm glad this one made up for the disaster that was FeardotCom that I watched yesterday. In Untraceable, FBI agent Jennifer Marsh has to hunt down a seemingly untraceable serial killer who posts live videos of his victims getting tortured and killed, and as more people log onto the site, the victim will be killed more quickly. Now, I don't know anything about computers and stuff like that, so I'm not sure how realistic this movie really is. I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to that. Even if there are some huge tech flaws that flew way over my head, Untraceable did have a couple of major issues. Like many thrillers, the killer seems to be god-like; he seems to have unlimited resources and intelligence, and it would have been nice to see him stumble a few times to at least build more suspense. They also reveal the identity of the killer way too early into the plot. Anonymity would have added a layer of mystery to the film. Nevertheless, Untraceable was a very entertaining, gritty and intense thriller with an interesting moral compass; why should we watch insanely violent and gory movies like Saw, Seven or even the movie itself? It may be rather hypocritical given how violent this film is, and that moral does get a little preachy by the end of this movie. It's still some intriguing food-for-thought. You might not be completely satisfied if you want a completely coherent and terrifying thriller, but if you want a twisty, edge-of-your-seat kind of movie, Untraceable is a great way to go.

8/10
Old 08-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I love me a good crime movie, so I'm glad this one made up for the disaster that was FeardotCom that I watched yesterday.
I remember feardotcom being surprisingly good. What did you dislike about it?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Scribbler (2014)

>>: C

Ant-Man (2015)

>>: B+

Tags
movie