Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Little Boo

Rob zombie's psycho

Rob Zombie is one of the best filmmakers out there, and no one else today (besides maybe eli roth) can truely tap into people's fears like Rob Zombie can. The Rob Zombie world is a scary fucking place, from the sadistic crimes of the devil rejects to the dark and horrifying mind of Michael Myers, Rob Zombie's movies always scare the shit out of people and they always rock.

I read somewhere that Rob Zombie is considering remaking The Blob. Screw that. I think he should remake Psycho! The original is a classic, and the 90's remake sucked. Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates...Really? Vince Vaughn is funny, but not scary. Anthony Perkins wasn't scary either, but he was alot creepier than Vince Vaughn. I've never read the book, but I've heard the book is alot darker than Alfred Hitchcock's film. In the book, Bates is more like Ed Gein. Rob Zombie could do to Psycho what he did to Halloween. Zombie's Halloween was alot darker, and he made Michael Myers scary again. He could do the same with Norman Bates. Zombie's pyscho could be based more on the book.

The original wasn't overly bloody...alittle bit of blood in the bath tub where Norman Bates (dressed as his dead mother) stabs the hot girl taking a shower. But the shower scene in Rob Zombie's remake would be extremely bloody. Just picture the scene from Devils Rejects where Otis leaves the people in the bath tub as he said "for the maid to clean up". Bill Moseley as Norman Bates? Bill Moseley plays a good wacko! I think he could be Norman Bates. Ed Gein mixed with Otis Driftwood, and you have Rob Zombie's Norman Bates.

I would like see Rob Zombie's Psycho. Not a remake, but a reimagining. That would be awesome in my opinion.

What do you think about Rob Zombie's Psycho? Thumbs up or thumbs down. Should Rob Zombie scrap The Blob remake, and remake Psycho?

Last edited by jenkins; 08-08-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Titty Twister

You're the real psycho!:D
Old 08-09-2011, 02:28 AM
She's under the stairs

Thank fuck he is not actualy doing this, the title of this thread had me worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 08-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror4ever View Post
You're the real psycho!:D
Exactly....
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Roll up! Roll up!

I'd not heard anything really about the book but I think the film could be made a bit better with some of the details I've now heard about. I still can't help but think that Psycho is too iconic to be meddled with though and unless people knew the book was like that, they would just think it had been unecessarily gorefied.

Last edited by Bizarre; 08-09-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Love is like dying

i dont think much to rob zombie, he's ok but boy did he mess halloween 2 up.psycho should be left alone and he should try doing a movie of his own instead of remakes.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:11 PM
DIGITALLY REMASTERED

I don't like Rob Zombie movies and we don't need a Psycho remake.:eek:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Scream for your life

Sorry, but I disagree. He's not very good at all and certainly not good enough to make a remake of a movie like Psycho. The Halloween remake wasn't as bad as I expected, but not even half of the original's quality. I agree with leezuki too about making his own movies - he should be making more of his own movies that are on his level instead of remaking the big boys.

Both thumbs down to the idea (oh if only I was blessed with more thumbs).
7 - 8 - Better stay up late,
9- 10 - Never sleep again...
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
When a film is good as it is, what's the answer? That's right, Hollywood! REMAKES.

No wait...not a remake. Perhaps a Reboot? Re-imagining? Yes...that way we can exploit the title and change everything else about the film...but make more MONNNNNEYZ!

I appreciate that your taste in "scares" requires excessive gore and grit - if that's what frightens you, great. But I just think they need to be kept as separate entities. Make all the gorefests you like, but leave the suspenseful/creepy thrillers alone. Imagine this - a remake of DeadAlive where in place of the Lawnmower scene, we saw Lionel quietly walk through his house, hearing the occasional creepy noise. If executed well, yes, it would be frightening. But it's not DeadAlive (or Braindead).

Similarly, Psycho achieves what it sets out to perfectly. Norman Bates is scary BECAUSE he's just a little bit creepy - a little bit not right. If he was a weird biker guy with long hair and a beard who dresses as his mother to go and be a transvestite prostitute, and murdered people with a sledgehammer...it wouldn't work. There are plenty of original films which do what you describe. Please seek them out, rather than hoping to taint the greats.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Love is like dying

when they remade psycho in the 90's i could not see the point of that at all, i felt like i just watched a really poor version of the original movie, and i totaly agree with ferret.

Tags
classic horror movies, psycho, rob zombie