Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Whip In My Valise

Top Horror Movie Guides and Progress

These are my favorite guides to horror movies:

100 European Horror Films - by Steven Jay Schneider (mostly Italian, very little from the U.K.) seen: 28 favorable: 12

J Horror - by David Kalat (all J Horror from 1990-2006) seen: 42 favorable:18 (I've overdosed on J Horror for quite some time)

Asia Shock - by Patrick Galloway (less J Horror, more Takashi Miike and the like) seen: 19 favorable: 14

Fangoria's 101 Best Horror Movies You've Never Seen - by Adam Lukeman (I imagine the majority of the members of this forum have seen most of these) seen: 51 favorable: 26

And, The Horror Movie Survival Guide - by Matteo Molinari and Jim Kamm (A Must Have for anyone who loves horror and its various genres, monsters, body-counts, and cliches.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Cranky

The Horror Film Encyclopedia.

It has a few errors and ommissions, but does an admirable job of listing nearly every horror film made up to a certain point, and give a pretty even handed assessment of each one.

Invaluable.

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-H...3419262&sr=1-3

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff

Last edited by neverending; 05-09-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The Horror Film Encyclopedia.

It has a few errors and ommissions, but does an admirable job of listing nearly every horror film made up to a certain point, and give a pretty even handed assessment of each one.

Invaluable.

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-H...3419262&sr=1-3
Finally managed to snag a used copy of this book. It only goes up to 1985, but it works perfectly for me as a "What hidden horror gems have I not seen yet?" guide. A wonderful book. Thank you, neverending for recommending it.