Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
J-Horror Theatre - Hexalogy

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you have heard about this? It's basically six movies produced by Taka Ichise (producer for Ringu and Ju-on series) but directed by various directors.

The first movie in the hexalogy is 'Infection' (Kansen), which I've seen and enjoyed. It's a 'fun' horror, if that makes any sense. The next two movies are 'Premonition' (Yogen) and 'Reincarnation' (Rinne) which I will be watching soon.

However the weird thing is, only these three movies are listed on the official website: www.j-horror.com.

These movies were released in 2004 and 2005, so wheres the other 3? It's two years later and I can't find any information on when they will be released, what they will be called and even if they are already out and simply the official site hasnt been updated - which I doubt.

The other problem is that the website is entirely Japanese and I cant find an International/English version of the site, so I cant read the news or any of the information - which might shed some light on the last 3 movies.

So do any of you know anything about these 'lost' movies, or have any websites in English for the J-Horror Theatre?

:cool:

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Smackytherabbit
not really sure on that.
From what i understand after Rinne they decided to put the series on hold or just decided to stop mentioning it or something. Which is kind of weird consider that movie did pretty well, but i guess it was never mentioned as being part of the j horror hex, rather the 8 nights of horror fest or whatever.
But from what i understand "Kaidan" is the 4th part in the series by Hideo Nakata . I am not 100% sure of this but its what ive gathered.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Evil Dead

I can't find anything about Kaidan being linked with the J-Horror Theatre - also it has a pretty bad rating on IMDB (not that IMDB ratings count for too much, especially for asian cinema), however thanks for the tip.

It does seem a bit strange, as though like you say, it was just stopped...But then why keep the official website up as it is, with the space for 3 more movies (they could remove that bit).

Bizarre...I wish I could read kanji, might be able to get to the bottom of it!

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Director of the Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorchic Send a message via Yahoo to horrorchic
Retribution aka Sakebi
Infection aka Kansen
Premonition aka Yogen
Reincarnation aka Rinne
Kaidan by Hideo Nakata which was just released August 4th.
the sixth is a unknown film by Hiroshi Takahashi.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Evil Dead

Retribution may be one...but NOT in that order. We know for a fact that Vol.1 is Infection, Vol.2 is Premonition and Vol.3 is Reincarnation.

I've heard that Kaidan and Retribution are likely to be volumes, but the J-Horror Theatre seems to have been abaonded, so those movies were just released as they were, rather than calling them a volume of the hexalogy.

Thanks though, at least we have an idea of what at least 5 of the 6 were SUPPOSED to be, even if only 3 of them are actually confirmed.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Director of the Dead

I didn't give an order because they are not meant to be sequels or anything. I was just listing the names. :P your welcome though. Yeah, J-horror is taking forever to do anythign with it's site.
:P on them too.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Evil Dead

No they aren't sequels, but theres a set list of each volume.

Shame we cant read kanji, otherwise we might know whats going on...Although I still doubt there would be any information worth reading as it doesn't look like they are ever updating it/using it at all.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Director of the Dead

Do you think that they have just quit, or just quit the internet?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quit the whole thing. Unfortunately. Thats why retribution and kaidan have never been named as J-Horror Theatre Volumes.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Director of the Dead

That is sad I think that they would have been great.