Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2010, 02:07 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
Go to justin tv and search for Horror and you will see.
No, I don't want your viruses.

Have Justin TV come to me.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Bad Natured

For a Few Dollars More (1965). Another outstanding entry from director Sergio Leone, this second in the the trilogy might just be the best, but who's counting. This time we get three incredible characters: no name, Mortimer, and Indio. Besides the witty story, these guys get some pretty fun parts to play, and Indio's tortured soul almost steals the show. Almost. With that inimitable score and wonderful camera work, this classic flick is tops in the classic spaghetti western genre. Mercie beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
For a Few Dollars More (1965). Another outstanding entry from director Sergio Leone, this second in the the trilogy might just be the best, but who's counting. This time we get three incredible characters: no name, Mortimer, and Indio. Besides the witty story, these guys get some pretty fun parts to play, and Indio's tortured soul almost steals the show. Almost. With that inimitable score and wonderful camera work, this classic flick is tops in the classic spaghetti western genre. Mercie beaucoup.
d

Not to mention one of the finest endings in cinema

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
d
Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Not to mention one of the finest endings in cinema
Cool...my all-time favorite western. (yes I actually rank FAFDM above TGTB&TU and OUATITW, even AFOD for that matter)

This actually laid out the basic premise for Hollywood westerns to come. Its huge emphasis on Kurosawa aside, Leone had everything else pictured perfect - a gang of ruthless killers, a maniacal leader, a revenge angle, and above all Eastwood in his flawless stride. The expressions by Kinski (the hunchback) when Van Cleef strikes a match on his hunch, is absolutely awesome! Not to mention the very strong performances from both Van Cleef and Gian Maria Volonte, combined with the kickass opening sequence and soundtracks and the breathtaking cinematography only Leone can pull off.

The best western ever made, in my book.

Last edited by _____V_____; 02-23-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
How does that work exactly?

Are you 10 people watching it at the same time while chatting away?
Well I found the link on 4chan /x/. Someone links us to their channel on livestream.com and we all get in the chat to choose from the movies the host owns. Once we pick they play it. There were over 20 people in there at peak, and there is a chat on the right that you have to have an account to use. Also /x/ is mostly full of smart people so the discussion is good and not full of memes.

I can post a link to tonight stream in my creepypasta and /x/ thread if you want to check it out. I think tonight we're watching May.

Last edited by missmacabre; 02-23-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Shutter Island

Well crafted, well acted, wonderfully art directed and lensed, but still a bit empty. The "big twist" is evident in the first ten minutes, which is the fatal flaw of this type of film. That said, Marty made a solid b-movie with an excellently dark ending.

6.9/10

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 AM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
district 9
Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Well I found the link on 4chan /x/. Someone links us to their channel on livestream.com and we all get in the chat to choose from the movies the host owns. Once we pick they play it. There were over 20 people in there at peak, and there is a chat on the right that you have to have an account to use. Also /x/ is mostly full of smart people so the discussion is good and not full of memes.

I can post a link to tonight stream in my creepypasta and /x/ thread if you want to check it out. I think tonight we're watching May.

I think I'll pass, thank you very much. I'm 33.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

100 feet
swarm
scar
the world is not enough
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I think I'll pass, thank you very much. I'm 33.
K. I will tryto figure out how to stream one myself and throw us a party.