Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 PM
THEY ARE IN MY HEAD

Send a message via Yahoo to Karayamidragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudyskiez View Post
Personally, I dislike most remakes. In all honesty. But, even though I don't personally enjoy them, I feel that remakes of, for say, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street make it possible for people who don't feel like watching the originals the chance to get into the movies, and then maybe get into the originals. If that makes sense. ;)
yes that makes sense. i hate that too. i hate it when people are to lazy to make up new movies and just take old ones and redo them and sometimes make them suck. like some of the return of the living dead ones. there have been some that have sucked big time
Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Halloween

Well, for the slasher movies it's impossible not to do a remake. They can't make a sequel because the series has already been ruined with the 80's and 90's, so they want to still see these characters on the screen.

For example, "Halloween" is an amazing series (however the last 2 of them lacked creativity). How many times can we watch this guy die? It stops getting scary, so they need to revamp them!

I'm all for the idea of remakes, but not the remakes themselves.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karayamidragon View Post
i hate it when people are to lazy to make up new movies and just take old ones and redo them and sometimes make them suck.
Do you really think that that the reason remakes are so popular is because ' people are to lazy to make up new movies '?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:25 AM
No redeeming qualities

The Crazies remake was pretty solid.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Evil Dead

I thought the Crazies & My Bloody Valentine remakes were both good.

My problem with remakes I personally don't think they ever should rushed, an I think when getting writers/directors/producers they should try an find someone who was actually a fan of the original an not just doing it for the big bucks Hollywood willing to put out for it.

Yeah sure maybe some of the people that work on the remakes are fans of the original I don't know but if they were fans you would think they would work harder to try an out do the original instead of taking the easy way out an making a shit ass remake but thats just me.

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH
http://www.art-of-typh.blogspot.com/