Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by crazy raplh
I say bring them we'll see all of them eventually.
I agree

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 10-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Tenant

Re: breaking news...sequels :D

Quote:
Originally posted by slasherman
THE THING (TV)
No official plot yet, but the original story told of a team of American scientists in Antarctica that fend for their lives when a hostile alien kills them off and attempts to create an exact duplicate of its victims.
Why?! WHYYYYY?!

It just doesn't make sense...it's like they said: "OK, the first was a huge success, now considered a masterpiece, so 20 years later, lets do it again on a lower budget and with censored graphics!"

Great idea, fuck-tards.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Evil Dead

I thought "Scream 4" was strictly a rumor.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
MANGLER: REBORN
Trailer up at upcominghorrormovies.com , looks changed, but still shithouse...then again, I thought the first one was complete garbage too. No need for this one.

Quote:
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 4&5
Trailers also up at the same site, they don't look great...kinda tele-movie.

Quote:
SAW 2
Full Trailer (not just crappy teaser) up at
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw_2/

Quote:
DRACULA 3: LEGACY
This is already out there.

Quote:
CHEATING DEATH: FINAL DESTINATION 3
Rumour has it that said rollercoaster scene will be done in 3d. I just hope they don't 3d the whole movie, that shit fucks with my eyes after about 10 minutes.

Quote:
DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 (IN TALKS)
The supposed follow up to the recent Dawn remake, following the same characters, or, the ones that survived anyhow.
On a seperate matter, apparently Romero is considering making one (or potentially even two) more films in his "dead" series, for the first time, the storyline of at least the first film will follow on from the last film "land of the dead".

Quote:
DAY OF THE DEAD 2: CONTAGIUM
I have it.
More prequel than sequel, if even that.
Pretty rubbishy. Low budget AND bad acting, not a great storyline...however, some of the zombies are pretty decent, the gore is nice. Don't watch expecting any great effects though...I mean, there's freakin' toy-looking guns, and superimposed helicopter/military vehicles over moving scenery in parts. If you wanna see some zombies get blasted, that's all this is really worth.

Quote:
It just doesn't make sense...it's like they said: "OK, the first was a huge success, now considered a masterpiece, so 20 years later, lets do it again on a lower budget and with censored graphics!"
Remakes will happen, and people will watch them no matter what happens, how good an idea it seems at the time isn't really part of the consideration someone simply trying to cash in will make.
What do you mean censored graphics?
I assume they're going to make a miniseries of it...and that's not all bad, in fact, some things are better off this way than movie format remakes. Gives further room for exploration of ideas beyond the initial concept. I wouldn't say in any case that it will be on a lower budget....more than likely much higher if anyone actually gets the go-ahead to do it. TV is fast catching up to cinema in terms of quality, and writing....this is one of the high points of the list, IMO.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheeba
Remakes will happen, and people will watch them no matter what happens, how good an idea it seems at the time isn't really part of the consideration someone simply trying to cash in will make.
What do you mean censored graphics?
I assume they're going to make a miniseries of it...and that's not all bad, in fact, some things are better off this way than movie format remakes. Gives further room for exploration of ideas beyond the initial concept. I wouldn't say in any case that it will be on a lower budget....more than likely much higher if anyone actually gets the go-ahead to do it. TV is fast catching up to cinema in terms of quality, and writing....this is one of the high points of the list, IMO.
I agree and i also believe remakes can attract new people to the genre, some may not like the idea of watching 20/30 year old films but a modern one with contempory actors would seem more appealing

Last edited by bloodrayne; 10-10-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Foxhole Atheist

and why the in all the seven hells didn't my cheeba quote appear in a nice little box?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
and why the in all the seven hells didn't my cheeba quote appear in a nice little box?
Something must have got accidentally deleted, you can tell from the beggining of the intended quote.

Agreed on the remake factor. Sure, it doesn't work in some cases...but still, interest to witness the original MUST be evoked to some extent. As for the tv remakes, I think they work as well.
There's good and bad in every bunch though...
Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally posted by ChEEbA
Something must have got accidentally deleted, you can tell from the beggining of the intended quote.

I get it, im cooking with gas now!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse mac
I get it, im cooking with gas now!
:p
Old 10-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by scouse mac
I'll fix it for ya ;)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be