Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 AM
Banned

i saw a boxed hardcover version of this on the weekend at a comic -con ... bugger was going for 100$ !!!
Old 04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
I'd just pick up the GNs if you want to catch up on the story so far. If you absolutely must have single issues, Ebay might be the only way. I tried to look for some back issues for ya, but no dice at any of my usual places.
Thanks for the help. I read somewhere else that there were side-stories in the comics that weren't included in the novels, but I guess they aren't that important.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Misanthrope

Ordered a trade paperback of this and I'm looking foward to reading it.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Ordered a trade paperback of this and I'm looking foward to reading it.
I think it's up to #5 on the TPB's by now(once you start one you'll want 'em all).It's a damn fine read,I mean really good.:cool:

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:40 PM
That fucking Guy...

Just got done with #28....whoah...fucked up.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Misanthrope

TPB #1 arrived today.... Gonna go read it. Looks great.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Scares Little Kids

YES THE WALKING DEAD IS THE SHIT!!

wow i already ranted about this comic my first blog. {i had no idea there was a comic forum} yes i agree the walking dead is the best zombie comic ever! FUCKING BRILIANT!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Misanthrope

Read the first TPB twice now. Coolest comic I've read in ages. Great art/story and characters..... gonna have to check out the rest now cuz I'm hooked.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:21 AM
That fucking Guy...

For people enjoying the walking dead, I've just had a look at a few other zombie titles I thought I'd reccomend (All out this year):

*Zombie Highway: Starts off a little like the beggining of "from dusk til dawn", action/horror title, slightly more humourous than the walking dead...not the best title out of the three I'm going to mention, but it's a good read with some GREAT zombies.

*Zombies! Feast - A transport busload of convicts breaks down outside a small town, which is of course infested by zombies...Two armed guards and 20 or so prisoners who are all chained to eachother...this one's a bit intense, and has some great looking zombies.

*Fear the Dead - A zombie survivors Journal.
This is one of the more interesting zombie titles I've come across...it's not exactly an comic book story as such...it's an "email" sent from the protagonist, with attatched pictures of a zombie incident. I'm not sure if it's ongoing but it's definately worth a look. Each page is done by a different artist, and I shit you not, some of the fucking BEST art I've ever seen from a few of these guys. Very nice concept, and I'll be looking out for many more issues (hopefully).

...I don't think they come that close to the greatness and excellent ongoing storyline of the walking dead, but for fans of the genre, they're a lot better than SOME of the attempted zombie comics I've seen. Try your retailer, dc++ or soulseek to track them down.

(Tip - If you're looking to download comics, type "cbr" at the end of your search, cbr is the most popular extention for files of this type nowdays, and your search attempts will turn up a lot more results this way.)

Also...rumour has it that Kirkman may be releasing a second "walking dead" comic that will work as a sequal AND sister title to the first ongoing series...although this could just be speculation.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:27 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
For people enjoying the walking dead, I've just had a look at a few other zombie titles I thought I'd reccomend (All out this year):

*Zombie Highway: Starts off a little like the beggining of "from dusk til dawn", action/horror title, slightly more humourous than the walking dead...not the best title out of the three I'm going to mention, but it's a good read with some GREAT zombies.

*Zombies! Feast - A transport busload of convicts breaks down outside a small town, which is of course infested by zombies...Two armed guards and 20 or so prisoners who are all chained to eachother...this one's a bit intense, and has some great looking zombies.

*Fear the Dead - A zombie survivors Journal.
This is one of the more interesting zombie titles I've come across...it's not exactly an comic book story as such...it's an "email" sent from the protagonist, with attatched pictures of a zombie incident. I'm not sure if it's ongoing but it's definately worth a look. Each page is done by a different artist, and I shit you not, some of the fucking BEST art I've ever seen from a few of these guys. Very nice concept, and I'll be looking out for many more issues (hopefully).

...I don't think they come that close to the greatness and excellent ongoing storyline of the walking dead, but for fans of the genre, they're a lot better than SOME of the attempted zombie comics I've seen. Try your retailer, dc++ or soulseek to track them down.

(Tip - If you're looking to download comics, type "cbr" at the end of your search, cbr is the most popular extention for files of this type nowdays, and your search attempts will turn up a lot more results this way.)

Also...rumour has it that Kirkman may be releasing a second "walking dead" comic that will work as a sequal AND sister title to the first ongoing series...although this could just be speculation.

Seeing as you got me hooked on "The Walking Dead" I will certainly give these titles a look aswell.Thanks for the suggestions Cheeb.

:)

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.