Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Just finished off the TBP collection of Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle.

Great stuff. The plot d compelling, and Tony's descent into alcoholism is incredibly well done. The resolution might come a little quick...but hey, he's a superhero. I guess that explains it to an extent.

I'd really like to see some elements of this make it in to the new Iron Man flick...I mean, I doubt they'd go down the whole alcoholism route, but the main body of the story had some really cool elements too: Iron Man framed for murder, malfunctioning equipment, awesome set pieces and tons of crazy villains.

Considering Justin Hammer + Whiplash have already been announced as the main villains, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they take some inspiration from this. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
DC Showcase Jonah Hex. Pretty cool Western series.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Maverick, the Hellspawn

Batman and Robin #1. Pretty solid. DC's improved a lot. Looking forward to grabbing #2.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Batman and Robin #1. Pretty solid. DC's improved a lot. Looking forward to grabbing #2.
Check out Batman: Streets of Gotham too, I just got done reading issue #2.
It's a cool, fun comic - while keeping it dark as it ought to be. Maybe not quite so much as "red robin" but damn near.

&
this one, which I feel deserved it's own thread
http://horror.com/forum/showthread.p...822#post819822
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
HDC Idol

Just finished reading the first collected volume of Preacher. Pretty damn good, though a little cheesy at the end. I'm psyched to see where the next 8 volumes go (now if only I have $$ to purchase them... :()

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Maverick, the Hellspawn

Quote:
Check out Batman: Streets of Gotham too, I just got done reading issue #2.
Been meaning to pick it up. Really enjoying the Blackest Night series too.

Just finished going through Cap America #454.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:12 PM
That fucking Guy...

Freddy VS Jason VS Ash (series 2) - The Nightmare Warriors #2.
I didn't think all that much of the first FVJVA series, or even too much of the first issue of this one...though all that has changed with this latest issue, they're finally doing it right.
Not to overly spoil anything, but Freddy is in hell again, as is Jason by the time this second series starts. Now how Jason gets out is just, whatever...how Freddy gets out is quite interesting.
In this series we have a "survivors group" of both Jason and Freddy, an organisation running it that has an ulterior motive, we have Ash as always getting bought into any problems related to the necronomicon, meanwhile we have another group scientifically analysing the book for research about how to harvest the power of the undead into a weapon/army.
You get to see Freddy unlike you've EVER seen him before, trust me, it's worth it.
Oh, and there's a character from one of the movie series that looks to play a pretty major part that I think some fans will be happy to see.

Check it out, for once, the F/J/A thing is actually pretty good right now - they could totally relaunch the movies with an idea like this one.

Also - Chew #2
God, I just love this comic!
This issue "Eat a decomposing finger for the greater good", and a fucking GREAT fight scene.
Ha, the "flashback" type scenes are pretty good, kind've like something out of Six Feet Under, only more fucked up.
I've said it before, I'll say it again - Get this comic.
If you're after something not so run-of-the-mill, it's not to be missed.
Can't wait to get some feedback on this one.

Amazing Spider-Man #600.
Even though I hate the BND thing, this was a damn good issue. Check it out if any copies are still around.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-23-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Maverick, the Hellspawn

Dark X-Men The Beginning #1.

On a side note, what's with all this sudden interest in motion comics at Comic-Con? There was Wolfenstein and Spider-Woman, X-Men, Watchmen, Batman, etc. I just don't see the appeal of a comic if it is not bound within pages of script and ink. I hope better sense prevails and this dies down pretty quickly, or else goodbye hardbound graphic novels and collector editions of comicbooks.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Evil Dead

21st Century Boys, Vol. 1, by Naoki Urasawa, another great first volume of which looks to be an interesting mystery comic from Japan. Strong overtones of King's "IT" here, with the casual shifting between the adulthood and childhood of the characters and the return of a forgotten thing from childhood plaguing the present. Good stuff so far.

I'll start on Vol. 2 later today.

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:52 AM
HDC Idol

Finished reading The Walking Dead latest collection. Not bad. I still think the series is too damn soap-opera-y.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!