Old 11-01-2018, 11:23 AM
病気の

You Were Never Really Here, 2017. 8/10

Thumb resize.

Joaquin Phoenix was fantastic and brutal as fuck.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:34 AM
ventricle

The Bone Collector (1999)
6/10

After an expert police detective and writer (Denzel Washington) becomes paralysed by an in the field accident, he takes a promising young police officer (Angelina Jolie) under his wing to find a serial killer.

Standard by-the-numbers detectives sluth-out serial killer fare here. It copies better films such as Se7en, but the characters and their motivations are very shallow; and the actual details of the killers attacks are not compelling, or interesting.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:14 PM
病気の

Bohemian Rhapsody, 2018. 8/10

Rami Malek was outstanding as Freddie Mercury and so were all the other actors that played his band mates. Especially Ben Hardy who played Drummer Roger Taylor. New favorite film of mine.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Evil Dead

Have seen the preview for it, it really does look good.

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (2000). Very good, but harrowing film about addiction, with one of the most depressing denouements I've ever seen. Good turns by Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly, Marlon Wayans and Ellen Burstyn is excellent . ****
Old 11-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (2000). Very good, but harrowing film about addiction, with one of the most depressing denouements I've ever seen. Good turns by Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly, Marlon Wayans and Ellen Burstyn is excellent . ****
I love Requiem, but you are right, it is a depressing movie. I feel like Ellen Burstyn was totally fucked over at the Academy Awards. She nailed the performance and I felt totally deserved the best supporting actress award. The film has an amazing score as well. The only one of Darren Aronofsky movies I'm not really a big fan of is Noah. I even liked mother and the wrestler is probably my favorite film of his. I love his imagery and surrealism he brings to the table. His movies aren't exactly meant to have Happy Endings as much as they are meant to have realistic endings.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:16 AM
病気の

Monster Party, 2018. 7/10

Concept was amazing but execution not so much but it had its moments. I would of liked it to expand on Mickey a bit more.

Thumb resize.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:50 AM
病気の

The Equalizer 2, 2018. 7/10

Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 AM
This is a test

THE LAST SHOWING 2014

Bit of a job to get through this. Tedious story of a young couple tricked into starring in a disgruntled projectionist's film.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:43 AM
病気の

The Ranger, 2018. 6/10

Old 11-06-2018, 03:31 PM
ventricle

Sleepy Hollow (1999)
7/10

A turn-of-the-century detective is sent to a countryside Dutch settlement in a secluded glen called Sleepy Hollow to use new forensic techniques to unravel the murders said to have been committed by a headless horseman.

The gloomy, foggy, creepy cinematography, sets and atmosphere are excellent. Depp does a convincing and entertaining job at this alternate re-imaging of Ichabod Crane, and new take at the nature of the horseman.

The romance between Depp and Katrina Van Tess (Christina Ricci) is disappointingly dry and underdeveloped, and much worse the development of characters played by a talented cast. The plot of the story is rushed at the end, thus becoming convoluted and seemingly an afterthought rather than a driving force; same the fate of Ichabod's forensics (although it's actually a 'forethought' at the beginning and then soon forgotten).

There's some nifty fight scenes and Depp' humor, but despite the ample dark atmosphere, the film lacks scares and but a few moments of well built suspense.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-09-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Tags
movie