Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Evil Dead

$29.2 Million for Spidey Overseas in 1 Day
Source: The Hollywood Reporter May 2, 2007

The Hollywood Reporter says that Spider-Man 3 has earned $29.2 million in 16 overseas markets, topping Spider-Man 2's bow in the same territories by 86% and that of the original by 175%.

"The bottom line," Sony Pictures Entertainment vice chairman Jeff Blake said, "is that 10 of the 16 openings had the biggest opening day of all time."

All of the 16 bows of the third film beat the openings days of both Spider-Man 2 ($15.6 million) and the initial Spider-Man ($10.6 million), bested the combined gross of both previous films, and that four territories came up with their biggest single days of all time.

Sony said France's $6.1 million represented the country's biggest opening day of all time, beating Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ($3.9 million), local blockbuster Taxi 2 ($4.5 million) and the combined opening day takes of Spidey 1 and 2 ($4.9 million).

Germany ($4.6 million) and Japan ($3.7 million) each logged their biggest-ever Tuesday openings, while Italy ($4 million) and Korea ($3.4 million) achieved their biggest openings of all time.

Records also were set in Austria, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Egypt, Singapore, the Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Thailand.

"By Sunday, we will have opened in 107 countries around the world, including the United States and Canada," Blake said.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Evil Dead

Spider-Man 3 Earns Record-Breaking $382M Worldwide

It about made its budget back in one weekend.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Evil Dead

(the following may contain spoilers)

First let me say, I enjoyed "Spidey 3", I didn't feel like my time had been wasted or that I wanted my money back, but of the three "Spider-Man" films so far, "3" is the weakest. I think they tried to cram too much into this film. Too many villians, all the problems with Mary Jane and they did damn little with the Gwen Stacy plot (James Cromwell as Captain Stacy was totally wasted in this film, hope he does more in part 4) and they did the one thing that I truly hate in superhero movies, they had the hero (and villians) running around in public and fighting without the mask. I just hate that. I'm a comic geek I want to see the superhero's and bad guys in full costumes.Overall, it was an okay movie, but I hope they do better in part 4
Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

i didnt pay for 3, 4 i would.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Evil Dead

i think it was really good
like as much as i like 1

but not seen 2 yet
Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Scares Little Kids

Didn't like it when I first saw it and now, with contemplation, I flat-out hate it. This movie was terrible.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 PM
No, fuck YOU

Haven't seen it, but my cousin (being a fan of the first one) thought it was horrible.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Eye Catching

I was disappointed. Overall an ok film but not what I wanted in a Spidey film. As some have already said there was too much going on, too many villains. Venom looked great was impressed with that. Is Mary Jane not dead yet please do away with her I don't know about you but I want to see spider-man not a failed actress. It seemed to drag on a bit for me, the whole time I was waiting for fights that just where not happening. The fights that did happen where good though. In a way I agree that masks should not be removed however in this film I think it made a point, as it showed each of the characters clearer. Oh and Peter strutting his stuff down the street oh please.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Evil Dead

I enjoyed it for the fight scenes and Venom, but there was WAY too much going on. Including Sandman was completely and totally unneccesary. They should've had Harry kill off Mary Jane which would've done the job of getting Peter in a rage, then have Peter kill or permanently immobilize Harry, then have a fantastic one-on-one Spidey v. Venom battle at the end. Bleh! A Spidey 4 without Dunst would be A-OK with me. I'm kind of even interested in seeing what someone else aside from Raimi would do with it, too. Definitely need Tobey back, though.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Evil Dead

May contain spoilers

So visually the movie was great, really enjoyed the fight scenes, personally I thought the fight with Venom could have been better. The movie started out good, there was character development with Sandman and they made you feel for his situation and made him human instead of just the next villain in the Rogue gallery. I liked the fact that Harry and Peter had their fights out of costume b/c there fight wasn't for action value alone, it was a fight between 2 best friends who have had a falling out and you need to see the emotions of their faces as they fight, in both fights. Like the fight in the Osborn house, it was important to see the blackness around Peter's eyes and the lack of emotion Peter shows when he throws the pumpkin bomb back at Harry, it shows how deeply the suit has consumed Peter and how much he has imbraced it.

Down sides to this movie. It had a lot going on, but for awhile it transitioned o.k. but then we get Harry getting a bump on the head and then he doesn't remeber anything. Stupid. It caused a break in the flow of the film b/c then when he remebers its kind of out of place, it was like out of no where. Personally I just think that felt odd. Then, the butler is the one who convences Harry to go help Peter, WTF! I mean Harry helping Peter in the first place was a dumb idea atleast from a comic character persective. But in terms of the movie world it worked, b/c it was like the Osborn story coming full circle, they started as best friends they ended as best friends.
I couldn't stand Venom's head, it was like he had Hydrocephaly (big head) and a small chin. Then I felt that Venom should have had a different voice, with Topher's voice I just didn't feel like I was listening to Venom. Speaking of Topher, Brock was a little winny bitch, it drove me nuts. Especially the church scene, when he goes there to ask God to kill Parker. Yuk!

But overall the movie was decent, I say its the worst in the series thus far. But its watchable.

Oh and by the way, they kind of ruined Dr. Conners, he was a Physacist and admitted it to Parker. Therefore there is no reason for him to experiment with Reptiles. He wouldn't know anything about it b/c thats Biology not Physics. Good job Rami!

Last edited by Prelude95Si; 05-16-2007 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Extra